The Bibliophiles discussion

Book of the Month > January BOTM: Whatever you're reading!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lml369_07) | 1048 comments Mod
Hello everyone!

The holidays are a very hectic time and can take a while to recover from. I thought it would be nice to take a more relaxing approach to the new year by having everyone just discuss the books they are reading to start off the year. Tell us about the books you got for Christmas, the book you're frantically trying to finish to start a new one, the book you've been waiting to read all year and are finally getting around to. Just share it and we'll discuss it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year fellow readers!

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimkienzle) I am planning to read Labyrinth of the Spirits, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. It’s the last book in the Shadow of the Wind series and I’ve been looking forward to reading for a long time. I thought I’d start it before Christmas but now I’ve decided to save it for January when I can relax and enjoy every word!

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 18, 2018 11:29PM) (new)

Hoping everyone has/had a wonderful holiday season filled with good-times and goodreads. I plan on reading Becoming by Michelle Obama, Past Tense by Lee Child and Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens before the New Year dawns. I hope to find a chit for the newest Preston & Child (Verses For The Dead) under the tree on Christmas morning and I really hope I can squeeze in 21 Lessons For the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari (It's been sitting on my night stand for over a month. )

message 4: by Sonali (new)

Sonali (sonalipawar26) Sounds great! I have to finish reading two books by the end of this month. And planning to treating myself to some more books this Christmas.

message 5: by Gregorio (new)

Gregorio | 1 comments Hello everyone!At the moment I'm reading 'The Angel's Game' by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, sequel of 'The Shadow of the Wind'. After this I already have the latest by Murakami Haruki on my bedside table, 'Killing Commendatore'. Can't wait to start it!

message 6: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimkienzle) Gregorio wrote: "Hello everyone!At the moment I'm reading 'The Angel's Game' by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, sequel of 'The Shadow of the Wind'. After this I already have the latest by Murakami Haruki on my bedside table, 'K..."

I loved Shadow of the Wind and am rereading it now.

message 7: by Toni (new)

Toni Fowell | 6 comments I'm reading Queen of Air and Darkness at the moment, after that I'm going to read either The Discovery of Witches series or Game of Thrones

message 8: by Lois (new)

Lois Young (misty306) | 19 comments I finished, "The Winter of the Witch," by Katherine Arden, and will soon be starting, "The Wolf in the Whale." And, I'm awaiting "In an Absent Dream" and "The Wicked King."

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lml369_07) | 1048 comments Mod
I love seeing all of the variety in the books everyone is reading!

message 10: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimkienzle) I finished Shadow of the Wind and I’ll Be Your Blue Sky and am now reading Past Tense by Lee Child. The only good thing about insomnia is reading more.

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Jang (jessicajang) | 2 comments Toni wrote: "I'm reading Queen of Air and Darkness at the moment, after that I'm going to read either The Discovery of Witches series or Game of Thrones"

Game of Thrones!!

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Jang (jessicajang) | 2 comments I'm reading Look Alive Twenty-Five. (Love me some Stephanie Plum) Hilarious, as usual. Just finished The Dry and requested Forces of Nature. Also finishing Men Explain Things to Me.

message 13: by Sonali (new)

Sonali (sonalipawar26) My last read of 2018 was The Kinship of Secrets by Eugenia Kim.
My background read is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and I just finished reading My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh (if you're into the story of characters rather than the plot, give it a go).
I started reading Attachments by Rainbow Rowell today. A light read should help after reading Moshfegh.