Play Book Tag discussion

Becoming Steve Jobs: The Evolution of a Reckless Upstart into a Visionary Leader
This topic is about Becoming Steve Jobs
December 2018: Geek Reads > Becoming Steve Jobs: The Evolution of a Reckless Upstart into a Visionary Leader 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cheryl Coppens | 360 comments I gave this 3 stars and I'm not sure how accurate that is for me or the author. Did I like the book? The first half- not so much. The author, a journalist and friend, seemed to say yes he was rude, aggressive, and not nice to those he considered inferior or of o use to him... ,but look how smart he was. In all his bad behavior Steve Job gets a pass. The first half of the book also tells the development Apple much of which I didn't understand ad found boring. The second half was more interesting and dealt with products that I was more familiar with. The author tried to convince the reader how Job had grown and was no longer (in his words) the jerk or asshole he had been. I'm not sure I agree with that. Was Job smart? Definitely. Was he driven? Yes. Did he manage to do incredible things at Pixar and Apple? Again undeniably yes. However does that excuse mean, bullying behavior? A definite NO in my book. I didn't care for the book and felt it a 2 star read for me. The writing was good and the author seemed knowledgeable about the tech industry so I gave the book 3 stars. The book would probably have been more enjoyable to someone more knowledgeable in this industry than I am.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Good review! I am reading Small Fry right now. The book was written by the daughter he attempted to deny. I do not like him so much in this book either.