I Read Comic Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Challenges > 2018 Recommended Reading Challenge - Jan 2019 BotM Selection

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (last edited Dec 16, 2018 10:39AM) (new)

Kate (kgskocelas) | 575 comments Mod
This is the discussion thread for members who have completed the entire 2018 Reading Challenge by Dec. 31st to work together to select our January 2019 Book of the Month.

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 41 comments YAY to the folks that finished! I joined this group late in the year and didn't commit myself to the challenge but I look forward to giving it a go in 2019! Also, I'm stoked for what you all pick for January!

(and if this is a bothersome post, please feel free to delete! )

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin (panelparty) | 240 comments Mod
Since its the start of a new year, it might be fun to read Vol 1 of a "classic" or "must-read" series like Fables, Sandman, or Y: The Last Man?

message 4: by 47Time (new)

47Time I've been putting off this series for a while. Since Brubaker's style never fails to keep me reading, I have high hopes for it. Sleeper, Vol. 1: Out in the Cold

message 5: by Chad (new)

Chad | 747 comments 47Time wrote: "I've been putting off this series for a while. Since Brubaker's style never fails to keep me reading, I have high hopes for it. Sleeper, Vol. 1: Out in the Cold"

Sleeper is fantastic. DC rereleased Sleeper:Season One last year with Season Two due in 2019. I only mention these instead because I don't think Out in the Cold is currently in print. Plus the season versions contain two volumes.

message 6: by Devon (new)

Devon Munn (devonmm) | 117 comments I suggest maybe we read an underrated title, i'm trying to think of some i want to read but my mind is blanking lol gottq search my TBR

message 7: by Robert (last edited Dec 18, 2018 05:02PM) (new)

Robert | 46 comments I've been wanting to check out Dark Ark, by Cullen Bunn & Juan Doe.
Dark Ark Dark Ark Volume #1

message 8: by Phil (new)

Phil | 169 comments I'm going to second Erin's choice of picking a classic/must-read.

message 9: by Robert (last edited Dec 18, 2018 05:04PM) (new)

Robert | 46 comments Y-The Last Man is in my stack. And, it's rumored to be in production for a TV adaptation. So, I'd go for that.

Y-The Last Man
Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (kgskocelas) | 575 comments Mod
It sounds like we have two votes (Erin and Phillip) for a classic/must-read and one for Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned (Robert), which is in that category. Do the rest of you like this idea as well? If not, there's plenty of time to keep discussing. I will need to know your pick as a group by the end of the year :)

message 11: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (greaa003) | 1 comments I'd love to read Y: The Last Man!

message 12: by Devon (new)

Devon Munn (devonmm) | 117 comments Andrew Greatbatch wrote: "I'd love to read Y: The Last Man!"

Hell yeah. Y is a damn good book, almost a damn fine masterpiece in my opinion

message 13: by Erin (new)

Erin (panelparty) | 240 comments Mod
I'm good with that! I started the series a long time ago but never finished and want to try again.

message 14: by Francis (new)

Francis | 124 comments I think it counts as a classic/must read, so I'd like to suggest Adventures of Luther Arkwright.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.