Dawn of Wonder (The Wakening, #1)
This topic is about Dawn of Wonder
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Dawn of Wonder [1 June 2019]

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - added it

Angela | 3555 comments Mod
Buddy read 1st June.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Samir, you remember when we were going to read this before my cancer treatment?

I’m so glad me, you and Tammie are reading this together 😃

message 3: by Samir (new) - added it

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Samir, you remember when we were going to read this before my cancer treatment?

I’m so glad me, you and Tammie are reading this together 😃"

Of course I remember. Looking forward to it. :)

message 5: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
This was really good. I will warn you it's more of a coming of age story for a lot of the book where the author hints at fantasy but we aren't sure if it is or isn't. I've been impatiently waiting for book 2 for a long time now.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Well, we will just wade in and see! I hope he gets the other one out and we don’t wait forever 😳

message 7: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4107 comments I'm hoping the same thing! I'll end up losing interest if I have to wait too long for the next book.

message 8: by Samir (new) - added it

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments There is some info on his website: http://www.jrenshaw.com/2018/10/13/of...

message 9: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4107 comments Thanks Samir!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Thank you for sharing that, Samir!!

First off, did y’all see that library!!!!!!! Ye gods, I want that as part of my home 😃

message 11: by Tammie (last edited Feb 06, 2019 11:56AM) (new)

Tammie | 4107 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Thank you for sharing that, Samir!!

First off, did y’all see that library!!!!!!! Ye gods, I want that as part of my home 😃"

Yes that was pretty sweet!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments My mouth fell open 🤣😂 We wouldn’t be able to read all of our books in a lifetime if we had our very own library like that. Of course we probably wouldn’t get lonely either!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Tam, don’t let me forget!!!

message 14: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4107 comments I won't!

Andorion (ruineleint) In for this

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I know it’s still early days but I have enjoyed the first chapter and like the 3 kids in it

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Up to Chapter 4. I’m still enjoying it. I love that there are short chapters too!!

Andorion (ruineleint) Started - about 2 chapters

The intro is very very wheel of timey.

As for the rest, I want to see where this is going - light or dark?

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I love it!! Wheel Of Timey!! 😃

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Gah!! Why do people never listen!! Adults think they know it all! 🙄

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Omg! Aedan and Kalry falling all over that room 🤣😂

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I’m skimming parts because I don’t much enjoy reading like I used to. I think it’s because I have a few hundred books I own that I need to read and still get off the floor.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I like Harriet too!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Okay, I’m mad at Harriet now

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I still refuse to believe (view spoiler)

message 30: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4107 comments I'm a little behind. I probably won't get to this for a couple of days.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments It’s okay. I’m going to try to skim read my way through it. I like it a lot. I’m just just wanting to read any of my books no matter how much I love them. Just doing it how I can managed now.

I will read all of your thoughts and spoilers though 😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Chapter 20

This is totally not what I thought this book was going to be. I don’t know what I was thinking but I really like it. I didn’t realize it was a coming of age. AND, I also own in on Audible. I forgot 🤣😂. I might listen to it later on!

Frank | 695 comments About a quarter of the way through already. Thoroughly enjoying the writing and story. It's nice to see that Aedan has flaws.
Definitely a coming of age story that reminds me of Ryan's Blood Song.
Curious where this is going, no real fantasy or elements of magic, yet.

message 34: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Chapter 20

This is totally not what I thought this book was going to be. I don’t know what I was thinking but I really like it. I didn’t realize it was a coming of age. AND, I also own in on Audi..."

Scott wrote: "This was really good. I will warn you it's more of a coming of age story for a lot of the book where the author hints at fantasy but we aren't sure if it is or isn't. I've been impatiently waiting ..."

You were warned!!!!!!! :P

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Frank wrote: "About a quarter of the way through already. Thoroughly enjoying the writing and story. It's nice to see that Aedan has flaws.
Definitely a coming of age story that reminds me of Ryan's Blood Song...."

I wonder if the magic will show closer to the end to lead into the next book?! God!!!! I hope we don’t have to wait long for the next book!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Scott wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Chapter 20

This is totally not what I thought this book was going to be. I don’t know what I was thinking but I really like it. I didn’t realize it was a coming..."

🤣😂 you know I never listen!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I like Peashot too!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments That was sooo good!! That ending!! I can’t!! I hope book 2 is soonish 😳

message 39: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "That was sooo good!! That ending!! I can’t!! I hope book 2 is soonish 😳"

Glad you enjoyed it.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Scott wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "That was sooo good!! That ending!! I can’t!! I hope book 2 is soonish 😳"

Glad you enjoyed it."

Thank you my good man 😃

Now the next book because that ending and things!!!

I enjoyed the illustrations in the book as well. I’m thinking I might get this in paperback. I’m a little hesitant as someone on Amazon got one and some of the pages were almost to light to read. I’ve had that happen before. Sigh

message 41: by Hailee (last edited Jun 02, 2019 07:39AM) (new) - added it

Hailee | 2600 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "That was sooo good!! That ending!! I can’t!! I hope book 2 is soonish 😳"

Most people I know who have read this have mentioned the the ending is quite a cliffhanger. That is the main reason I'm not starting this series until book 2 is published or I might try and wait until the last book has a confirmed publication date.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Yeah, sometimes I wonder if i should wait until all books are out. But I easily forget books so it will all workout. Unless it will be like George R R Martin 😫

Andorion (ruineleint) Ok I am 9 chapters in and having a bit of difficulty digesting the stupidity of the adults.

Frank | 695 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Yeah, sometimes I wonder if i should wait until all books are out. But I easily forget books so it will all workout. Unless it will be like George R R Martin 😫"

Well it has been almost four years since Dawn of Wonder came out.
I was holding it on my TBR waiting for at least the release of volume 2. However, since the group was reading it I thought I'd jump in.
About 70% thru, and really enjoying it, now hoping that volume 2 will be ready for publication soon.
I see on Renshaw's website that volume 2 is in a third edit, and is quite long. Sounds like a GRRM (Feast and Dance) splitting of two volumes, LOL.
In any event I hope we do not have to wait much longer.

message 45: by Samir (new) - added it

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments I'm not sure I'll be able to participate in this because of life and stuff.

Andorion (ruineleint) 24 chapters done.

I like the academy setting much better, placing Eadan in a peer group makes him more relateable.

Frank | 695 comments Finished.
Thoroughly enjoyed it, and that cliffhanger, WTF!!
Of course now when will book tow be released?????

Andorion (ruineleint) Now that I have finished it, this book has an ok beginning, a twisty follow up, a very conventional and sometimes boring middle and a good ending.

My problem is that I am not seeing anything, either in Eadan or in the world at large that really makes it remarkable and stand out of the crowd.