What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Father's Day
This topic is about Father's Day
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fiction - Orphaned woman thanks uncle who adopted her with box of gifts, reminders of her childhood. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca (new)

Becca Schumann | 3 comments Read 2016 or 2017. A girl was orphaned at age 6, but then adopted by her estranged uncle. He doesn't know what to do with a kid, only has one leg, and sells parts of motorcycles to make a living. They slowly get used to each other and learn how to live together. As an adult she gets a job in France and invites her uncle to come visit her. She gives him a box of gifts, each a reminder of something he did for her when she was a child. Surprise twist ending.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
Becca, is this book for teens (young adults) or older adults?

How did her parents die? Where was her hometown growing up?

Is her uncle single/widowed/etc.? Why was he estranged?

What's her job as an adult?

message 3: by Becca (new)

Becca Schumann | 3 comments Kris wrote: "Becca, is this book for teens (young adults) or older adults?

How did her parents die? Where was her hometown growing up?

Is her uncle single/widowed/etc.? Why was he estranged?

What's her job a..."

Kris, I believe it's a book for older adults. The girl's parents died in a car accident. I don't remember where her hometown was. Her uncle is single. He was her dad's brother, and got in with sort of a rough crowd. He beat up a man and ended up in prison. Her mom thought he was too violent to be around.

I think her job as an adult had something to do with art. She drew things or designed things or something. She worked in Paris.

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4129 comments Father's Day maybe?

message 5: by Becca (new)

Becca Schumann | 3 comments Ayshe wrote: "Father's Day maybe?"

Thank you so much Ayshe! That's it!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Father's Day (other topics)