Book Snails Book Group discussion

ARCHIVED > December 2018 BOTM: Quiet: The Power of Introverts

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1826 comments Mod
Apologies for us not getting this topic up sooner. I am not online much this month, and the other moderators may be busy with family/holiday stuff this time of year.

With 35% of the votes, our winning Book of the Month for DECEMBER 2018 is:

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
Quiet The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain

If you'd like to comment on this book, please do so here :)

Description: "At least one-third of the people we know are introverts. They are the ones who prefer listening to speaking; who innovate and create but dislike self-promotion; who favor working on their own over working in teams. It is to introverts—Rosa Parks, Chopin, Dr. Seuss, Steve Wozniak—that we owe many of the great contributions to society... (view spoiler)

message 2: by Candace (last edited Dec 13, 2018 03:36PM) (new)

Candace (candywilliams) | 417 comments I read this one already. It's a great selection since many of us in this group are probably INFJs or INFTs. :-)

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin | 580 comments I read this in January 2017... it was somewhat interesting, but I fall pretty solidly in the middle so it wasn’t particularly relevant to me.

message 4: by JJ (new)

JJ | 36 comments I got the book in the mail a few days ago. I'm looking foreword to reading it. I'll probably end up reading only half of it though. Some of it I'll probably skim read or skip. Like everyone else, I have so many other things that are keeping busy right now during the holiday season.

message 5: by JJ (last edited Dec 30, 2018 10:04PM) (new)

JJ | 36 comments I've read the introduction and skim read some of it. I am not giving exact details but I'll put it in a spoiler just in case. (view spoiler)

message 6: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

biblio • bliss (bookgirl1987) | 1152 comments Mod
I started reading this one months ago and was enjoying it. Haven't finished it but made it to the halfway mark and found it incredibly interesting. Hope everyone who tried it enjoyed it.