Graphic Novel/Manga Reading Challenge 2019 discussion

Prompt Discussions > 42. The Tag Team Challenge

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matt (new)

Matt | 117 comments Mod
Graphic Novel or Series that was started by one author/creative team, but finished by a different one.

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin (panelparty) I think its still ongoing, but you could use Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery since they switched artists (and maybe others too, I don't remember).

Also Archie, Vol. 1: The New Riverdale just switched creative teams.

message 3: by 47Time (last edited Jan 07, 2019 01:11PM) (new)

47Time I went with Wonder Woman, Volume 1: Blood. I think other The New 52 comics also had writer/artist changes. The only downside is that you have to read several volumes as the series tend to be longer than 20 issues.

Other series I read
Stitched, Volume 1

James Bond, Vol. 1: VARGR - ongoing

Raise The Dead - crap, but nice and short

Crossed + One Hundred

Haunt, Volume 1

message 4: by Matt (last edited Jan 07, 2019 11:33AM) (new)

Matt | 117 comments Mod
I have a few from the big two:

Secret Avengers, Volume 1: Mission to Mars - started with Ed Brubaker but after he left Remender came in to finish the series. (the books are collected as separate runs, but Remender's is a continuation of Brubaker's plot points. Also Warren Ellis did a couple issues in between them.

Batman: Detective Comics, Volume 1: Faces of Death - the first two volume were written by Tony Daniels, then John Layman took over, then Francis Manapul, THEN Brian Buccaletto, and finally Peter Tomasi. I would think any two concurrent runs from things like this should qualify as well (no need to read 10 volumes just for the first two creative teams.)

Also if your looking for something lighter and fun, the Invader Zim Vol. 1 series are all written by Jhonen Vasquez but the artist duties start with Erik Trueheart and then switch off to other artists as it goes on.