Graphic Novel/Manga Reading Challenge 2019 discussion

Prompt Discussions > 12. The Origin Challenge

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matt (new)

Matt | 117 comments Mod
Graphic Novel or series that portrays the origin story of a character that has gone on to appear in other works (must be a sequel series or successive work, not a continuation of the current work. i.e. no Volume 2’s.)

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin (panelparty) This one is super tough! Do you have any ideas for this? My thoughts were maybe reading some of the older Harbinger stuff when Livewire started and then reading the new Livewire series?

message 3: by 47Time (new)

47Time Erin wrote: "This one is super tough! Do you have any ideas for this? My thoughts were maybe reading some of the older Harbinger stuff when Livewire started and then reading the new Livewire series?"

As far as I can tell, a one-shot, limited or Year One series would satisfy this challenge. The many Batman, Superman or Wolverine origin stories can go here.

message 4: by Matt (new)

Matt | 117 comments Mod
Erin wrote: "This one is super tough! Do you have any ideas for this? My thoughts were maybe reading some of the older Harbinger stuff when Livewire started and then reading the new Livewire series?"

Apologies, the wording on this one may have gotten away from me.

As long as it is the origin of Livewire, then I think that would totally work. Also 47TIme's suggestions are all valid as well.