Graphic Novel/Manga Reading Challenge 2019 discussion

Prompt Discussions > 5. The Second Try Challenge

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matt (new)

Matt | 117 comments Mod
Graphic Novel or Series that you have previously read and not finished, or have heard about (intended to read) and never did.

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin (panelparty) I might read Pearl Vol. 1 when it comes out, I heard so much hype when this book started up but never got around to it.

Also considering Revival, Vol. 2: Live Like You Mean It, I read Vol. 1 in 2018 and would like to keep going.

message 3: by Matt (last edited Dec 14, 2018 09:33AM) (new)

Matt | 117 comments Mod
I somehow missed hearing about Pearl Vol. 1 , which is surprising (especially with it being written by Bendis). Looks interesting, and I usually like Brain Bendis' stuff a whole lot more when the characters and story are his own (Miles Morales being the obvious exception to that rule).

I read the very first issue of Revival way back when it first came out, but it got lost in the deluge of new books I was picking up at the time. Did the story quality stay consistent throughout the first volume?

Finishing the Trigun Maximum Volume 1: Hero Returns series is definitely a priority for me, but this will be my third or fourth time trying to wrap it up (I keep getting stuck while reading from the beginning).

Another one I must finish is the Jack the Ripper: Hell Blade Vol. 1 series. It's relatively short and light on plot, but I was reading it through my library and we just recently received the last couple of volumes.

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin (panelparty) Matt wrote: "I somehow missed hearing about Pearl Vol. 1 , which is surprising (especially with it being written by Bendis). Looks interesting, and I usually like Brain Bendis' stuff a whole lot..."

I really enjoyed the whole of Revival, Vol. 1 and I am a bonafide zombie story hater!