The FAYZ: The Gone Series discussion

Characters > Sam

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 225 comments Mod
Discuss Sam's character here. :)

message 2: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) Sam - He's great!
I think he's so vunerable and a real teenager. I think that his power is very interesting considering how much he hates it. Even now he isn't scared of the dark...he likes it.

I think we need to find out more about his mom and real dad...that might give us more info on him and Caine.

message 3: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

lianna (emiliaclarkes) | 187 comments Mod
I think something about Sam's dad is going to play a big role somewhere in these books. I mean it's sci-fi and Sam's dad was never introduced. Sam didn't even know his dad's name. Something seems wrong there.

And Sam is by far my favorite character in the Gone series. He's so fragile but strong at the same time. He doesn't want to be the hero (like the normal hero novels). He just turns into the hero when he's needed to. And he has so many people looking up to him. I loved reading when Sam broke down in front of Astrid. I could feel his pain. And that one time when he was giving a speech to his people and he started loosing control--I was waiting for that to happen. He's really realistic. I love the dude.

message 4: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

That's an interesting theory about Sam's dad. I never even thought about his dad playing a role.

Does anyone have any theories on Sam's dad?

message 5: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) Theory....I have no idea. I was thinking he was part of how the FAYZ was created since Sam's mom kinda figured out what was happening to Sam and Caine...but now it seems like Petey is the cause.

I don't know what to think....

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) I love sam I agree with what you all said before. He so realistic.

message 7: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments I LOVE SAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 8: by Jane (new)

Jane Annabelle (who_you_were) | 31 comments I hate Sam.
Wait did I just ruin the moment?
Oh, well I hate Sam. He's such a wimp and not a very good ruler and all he ever moans about is him wanting to surf. He doesn't moan about his parents gone and all he cares about is surviving. Hello, why doesn't he just see that they might be stuck there for good until the last book? He doesn't care about making a society and trying to survive that way, which is a good idea, and he doesn't care of who his father was and about his fraternal twin and what the heck his mother was doing and why she separated him and Caine and who the heck is his father!
And that's how much I hate Sam. And don't get me started on Astrid!

message 9: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

I think I would like him a lot less if he didn't have all of those negative qualities. This will probably sound weird, but I tend to be annoyed by the characters who take charge and do a perfect job of it, being completely self-sacrificing, not complaining for even a moment no matter how much pressure is put on them. I tend to like a character a lot more if they have a breakdown or two.

He's such a wimp and not a very good ruler and all he ever moans about is him wanting to surf.
He's a teenage boy who is being forced to take a position that is generally limited to adults over the age of at least 30. Seriously, you have to be at least 30 in the US to take office, and even back when monarchs actually had power, a boy Sam's age would not have been allowed to actually rule until he was 18. The part of the brain that controls problem solving, judgment, and decision making is underdeveloped in teenagers.

He doesn't moan about his parents gone and all he cares about is surviving.
He just found out that his mom had been hiding quite a few major things from him his entire life. He's angry.

Hello, why doesn't he just see that they might be stuck there for good until the last book?
He doesn't know that there are going to be so many books. Then again, I suppose that can be used against him, saying that he should prepare for being there forever, not just for a few books.

He doesn't care about making a society and trying to survive that way, which is a good idea
He's having trouble accepting the fact that they might be there for a while. He doesn't want to accept it.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "I think I would like him a lot less if he didn't have all of those negative qualities. This will probably sound weird, but I tend to be annoyed by the characters who take charge and do a perfect j..."

If there'd be a "like" button, I'd be pressing it.

message 11: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Thank ya. XD

message 12: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments I completly agree with Rachel plus having all of the faults majes him more realistic and more relatable

message 13: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

I love that Sam has all those faults. It makes him not the huge hero and I like that. It would be annoying to have Sam be a character that got everything right and had no faults. I hate characters like that. :/

And all of those things have been explained very nicely, Rachel :]

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Exactly. He's supposed to screw up, do stupid things, and not always have a level head. He's a kid, he's human! he shouldn't be perfect

message 15: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments I completly agree

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep.
No one wants a perfect character...like Amber said, dull and boring!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

xD

message 18: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

=)

message 19: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Sam...is...awesome? lol

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Sam...who should play his character if they make a movie? I can' find anyone . The dude I imagined is on the cover of the book :P

message 21: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Well the dude from the cover of the book is a model, sorta. Maybe he'd act...lol. Or if not, maybe a newbie. I tired of the already famous people:)

message 22: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments He's actually a computer generated person... so good luck getting him to act

message 23: by Grace (new)

Grace | 637 comments Their should be more of the characters on the book cover
I wanna know what the rest of them look like!

message 24: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments For realz yo lol just had to say that but yeah i agree

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Amber wrote: "Yeah, I agree with that. The last book should be a big group picture of all of them,."

yeah

message 26: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments Rose *Enna/Katniss* wrote: "Amber wrote: "Yeah, I agree with that. The last book should be a big group picture of all of them,."

yeah"

YEAH that would be great

message 27: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Sami wrote: "He's actually a computer generated person... so good luck getting him to act "

He's a model, not a computer generated person. Michael said so on his official Twitter.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

He can't be CGI...he looks nothing like it and I have a sharp eye for stuff like that.

message 29: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Agreed :)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I think he wold be perfect Sam if his eyebrows were trimmed down a bit :)

message 31: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

I think the same :)

I have a question. What is Sam's eye color?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the book said a brown/blue color.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

More like hazel?

message 34: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Thanks. I got so confused because once it said "blue eyes" then it said "dark eyes"...So I was like, "Huh?"

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah. :-/ Ooohh well. We'll use our imagination ^^

message 36: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments Really? i didn't notice that but yeah we need to use our imagination *draws rainbow in air*

message 37: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Oh gosh. Spongebob references. :]

message 38: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments hehe i wan't sure if anyone was gonna get that:)ha me and my friends were singing the FUN song tonight at our minurature dance party

message 39: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

lol, you're not alone. We sang the CAMPFIRE SONG song at senior high youth group last week, sitting in front of the cheap candles on the rug. It was hilarous :)

message 40: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments lol I was like"guys were such losers" my friends were just like yeah so?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

nice hahaha

message 42: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments lol

message 43: by Leah (last edited Jan 20, 2010 11:31AM) (new)

Leah (aliveandwell) | 184 comments Sami wrote: "hehe i wan't sure if anyone was gonna get that:)ha me and my friends were singing the FUN song tonight at our minurature dance party"

such great song you guys sing! no sarcasm added.. heh heh SpongeBob is so kool. the songs on that show are so catchy. i song them all the time.

message 44: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

I don't sing them all the time. I sing them when there's a silence for an extended time. Then my friends and I start singing them. :) Well. The ones that I remember...

message 45: by Leah (new)

Leah (aliveandwell) | 184 comments yes. i spelt 'sing' wrong, i put song....oops.
yesterday at lunch i sang the camp fire song. cus everybody was just looking at each other. it was outrageously awkward.

message 46: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Haha wonderful :)

message 47: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments hehe:)

message 48: by Xkisskrissx (new)

Xkisskrissx | 1 comments i wish sam would just hurry up and screw up. just do something bad already! he could take it back and regret it of course and it wouldn't have to be too bad. I don't mean that he changes sides but...idk, get drunk or something? ......that was a bad idea. but something to piss off astrid and make himself a little less pure

message 49: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Yeah I actually agree with you in a way. I still want him to be a good person...but he needs to make a mistake. Some sort of mistake. Like get drunk, have sex. I mean he's a great guy and all but he's gotta snap sometime.

message 50: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments ...as does everyone

« previous 1