Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments I just found out that Overdrive and Libby aren’t doing audio books anymore.

message 2: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Carden | 139 comments When does this go into effect?

message 3: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Carden | 139 comments Could this be by library system? Neither of the systems we borrow from has any sort of notice posted.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments I think it already did go into effect. One of my friends told me.

message 5: by Amy (last edited Dec 12, 2018 06:34PM) (new)

Amy | 1342 comments She told me Hoopa and cloudlibrary now do it. I don’t know if you can just download the audiobook and then listen to it offline.

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14606 comments Amy: I think Maureen is right and perhaps a library system in your area is making that decision, not over all of Overdrive.
My library has audio books through Overdrive/Libby and also through Hoopla and RB Digital. There is no change in availability for Overdrive here. Each library curates their own selection and here the majority are still through Overdrive.

Amy wrote: "I just found out that Overdrive and Libby aren’t doing audio books anymore."

Maureen wrote: "Could this be by library system? Neither of the systems we borrow from has any sort of notice posted."

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments I just called the library , it is just Our county, they now use cloud library. Who knows why they did that.

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14606 comments Amy: interesting, do let us know more when you find out about the new Cloud Library. Hope it is a good option.

message 9: by Russ (new)

Russ | 330 comments Sorry, Amy, but I'm glad it's only localized. If my library dropped Overdrive, I don't think I would meet my reading goals for 2019!

message 10: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14606 comments Russ: It would be a huge blow to mine too!
Russ wrote: "Sorry, Amy, but I'm glad it's only localized. If my library dropped Overdrive, I don't think I would meet my reading goals for 2019!"

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Russ, my library still uses Overdrive. I was just curious about the cloud library.