Space Opera Fans discussion

R2R Read-to-Review Program > R2R: Avalanche (sci fi action / space opera / dystopian / cyberpunk)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tim (last edited Dec 14, 2018 01:58AM) (new)

Tim | 10 comments Avalanche

Deltik is a hostile, dust-ball of a planet, run by violent gangs and vicious slavers. With only one spaceport for passage in or out, getting out of dodge will be anything but a walk in the park for escaped slaves Alina and Jalek.

While on the run from their captors, they stumble across a hapless gambler who offers a seemingly perfect solution to all of their problems. Their captors, however, will stop at nothing to apprehend them and, just as it seems they might finally have caught a lucky break, events take an unexpected turn…

Hi all! I have recently published my first book, Avalanche.

I won't spoil it for you, but I will say that it is a face-paced, sci-fi action story with dystopian elements, rich characters, ship-to-ship combat, Navy baddies, and a few good old fashioned gun fights. Some key inspirations are Firefly, Glynn Stewart's "Castle Federation" books, Lindsay Buroker's "Fallen Empire" series, my own experiences in the military, and so on.

There are 10 electronic copies up for grabs. If there is a general vibe of enjoyment from readers, I'll celebrate by getting some hard copies made (I've been ummming and errrring for a while on this) and will send a freebie to any of the readers that enjoyed it and would like one.

Thank you very much in advance :)

"A short novel that left a lasting mark, expertly woven together at a relentless pace this is science fiction action at its finest. T J Eastwood delivers a unique and interesting universe set on the edge of civilization. You're dropped straight into the heat of it with the two main protagonists on the run from a deadly foe. Through each growing obstacle the characters continued to endear themselves to me as their motivations and their pasts are revealed. Loved reading and can't wait for more from this author."

message 2: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 45 comments Hey TJ, I would like to read this. It sounds fun, and I’m trying to read (and review!) more indie books. DM me a download link? :)

message 3: by Tim (new)

Tim | 10 comments Caitlin wrote: "Hey TJ, I would like to read this. It sounds fun, and I’m trying to read (and review!) more indie books. DM me a download link? :)"

Thanks Caitlin, I have sent you a link

message 4: by Matt (new)

Matt | 9 comments TJ - congratulations on writing your first book, it sounds like an interesting story. I have only written one review and would like to do more. Can you DM a link? I read everything on my Kindle (so MOBI format) if you have it.

Thanks!

message 5: by Tim (new)

Tim | 10 comments Hi Matt, thanks for your interest! I have sent you a PM.

message 6: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 2 comments I would love to review this book! It sounds awesome.

message 7: by Tim (new)

Tim | 10 comments Thank you Cassie. Have sent you a PM.