Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

La inĝenia hidalgo Don Quijote de la Mancha
Language & Translation Issues > Book without translator's name

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elaenia (new)

Elaenia Montañera (tecamebiano) | 4 comments I was revising this edition published by Fundación de Esperanto in 1977, and realized it has no information about the translator. I would be grateful if a librarian could add it. His name is Fernando de Diego. The reason I'm asking this is because this translation is the only one that createtes an accurate epoch language (epokfara traduko). Considering that esperanto is such a recent language, hence having no past, and there's not a medieval esperanto (as it happens with spanish and english) the idea of creating a medieval sort of writing, specifically for translating somethig written that way, truly deserves to be noticed. Not only was Fernando de Diego one of the greatest esperantists of history, but he also was a great studious of Migel de Cervantes' works. Many people search this book specifically by its translation, a truly herculean achievment.

So, if someone from the community of librarians could take a moment to add this information (the translator's name) I would be happy and joyful to add this one edition to my goodreads library. I feel sort of awkward about adding it without Fernando de Diego's name.

Thoughtfully,

A happy goodreads user, and loving fanatic of Fernando de Diego.

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19850 comments Translator added.