Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Robert  Whitaker
This topic is about Robert Whitaker
Book Issues > Authors with similar names

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lunaia (last edited Dec 10, 2018 05:39AM) (new)

Lunaia | 10 comments I was cleaning up works written by (different people who share the name) Robert Whitaker. For some reason they still don't show up with the correct authors account, even though it was hours ago. I'm not sure if maybe I did something wrong? This was the first time I did the whole 'seperating authors with the same name' thing, so Im gratefull for constructive feedback...

Relevant author profiles that I worked on:
Robert Whitaker
Robert H. Whitaker
Robert Whitaker (catch all profile)

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments I think the only problems were when Robert Whitaker was listed as second author. In that case you have to change the name and save on the same line, not at bottom of page. Maybe that was what was going wrong?

I moved a few of those, and also changed the catch-all profile to be the single space one. That way, books by any of the profiled authors can be seen & moved without being on one another's profiles. Just a personal preference of mine, but I find it keeps things easier to sort.

message 3: by Lunaia (new)

Lunaia | 10 comments Thanks for helping out Abcdarian! It might have been the thing with the order of the listed authors. I will try to remember for next time :-)