YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Addicted to You (Addicted, #1)
This topic is about Addicted to You
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Addicted to You (Addicted #1) by Becca and Krista Ritchie - Starting December 1st 2021

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments She’s addicted to sex. He’s addicted to booze…the only way out is rock bottom.

No one would suspect shy Lily Calloway’s biggest secret. While everyone is dancing at college bars, Lily stays in the bathroom. To get laid. Her compulsion leads her to one-night stands, steamy hookups and events she shamefully regrets. The only person who knows her secret happens to have one of his own.

Loren Hale’s best friend is his bottle of bourbon. Lily comes at a close second. For three years, they’ve pretended to be in a real relationship, hiding their addictions from their families. They’ve mastered the art of concealing flasks and random guys that filter in and out of their apartment.

But as they sink beneath the weight of their addictions, they cling harder to their destructive relationship and wonder if a life together, for real, is better than a lie. Strangers and family begin to infiltrate their guarded lives, and with new challenges, they realize they may not just be addicted to alcohol and sex.

Their real vice may be each other.

New Adult Romance recommended for readers 18+ for mature content

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Are you still planning to read this one skye? I’m thinking of picking it up as my next book, just finished one today so it should be today or tomorrow!

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Yeah, I am! I'm just in a bit of a slump but I'll pick it up ASAP :)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments 21% (view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Haha your funny!

Your first comment says your in a bit of a slump, then your next one is your 21% in 😂 go girl! I’ll have to get reading! Going to read a little now, but it’s christmas Eve night here, so tomorrow I’ll be busy with Christmas stuf, so realisticallh I’ll get more stuck into it Boxing Day :)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Haha, I'll probably read the whole thing today just because I read romances super fast. Hopefully this is the end of my slump!

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments 40%(view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "21% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "Haha, I'll probably read the whole thing today just because I read romances super fast. Hopefully this is the end of my slump!"

Well I hope it does get you out of your slump :)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments 60% (view spoiler)

message 11: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "40%[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 12: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "60% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 63% (view spoiler)

message 14: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 77% (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments 80% (view spoiler)

Ending (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments @Shae I do want to read Roomies in January and read a couple more romances before the end of the year to try and reach my goal :D Are there any you like the sound of?

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Actually, I'm BRing Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1) by J.A. Redmerski in the next few days too if you want to join!

message 18: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "80% [spoilers removed]

Ending [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 19: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "Actually, I'm BRing Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1) by J.A. Redmerski in the next few days too if you want to join!"

Yes I’ll join with that! When are you starting?

Are you thinking of any other NA this month? Or just in general? If this month I’ll look which ones are series, otherwise I can just compile a list of all of them and if there are any you want to read we could read anytime :)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Hmm...over this month/next month I definitely want to read the rest of the books in the Killing Sarai series, Roomies, Dating You/Hating You, The Star Thief by Jamie Grey, 99 Percent Mine on release day (29th Jan), some more by Tessa Dare (I've read The Duchess Deal and The Governess Game), and pretty much anything that sounds good xD

message 21: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "Hmm...over this month/next month I definitely want to read the rest of the books in the Killing Sarai series, Roomies, Dating You/Hating You, The Star Thief by Jamie Grey, 99 Percent Mine on releas..."

I’ll look at what I can get and buddy them with you. Are they already planned buddies?

I have read roomies, I really liked that one!

message 22: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 4619 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting December 1st 2021. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Caitlin (caitlingreer1234) | 608 comments I'll probably start this later on tonight or tomorrow :)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1148 comments I'm starting it later today :)

Caitlin (caitlingreer1234) | 608 comments Page 29
(view spoiler)

Caitlin (caitlingreer1234) | 608 comments Page 115
(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1148 comments Caitlin wrote: "Page 29
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1148 comments 41% (view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1148 comments 53 % (view spoiler)

Caitlin (caitlingreer1234) | 608 comments Ta || bookishbluehead wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Page 29
[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Caitlin (caitlingreer1234) | 608 comments 46%
(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1148 comments 76% (view spoiler)

Caitlin (caitlingreer1234) | 608 comments Ta || bookishbluehead wrote: "76% [spoilers removed]"

65%
(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1148 comments Caitlin wrote: "Ta || bookishbluehead wrote: "76% [spoilers removed]"

65% [spoilers removed]

(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1148 comments The End (view spoiler)

message 36: by Caitlin (last edited Dec 05, 2021 04:18PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Caitlin (caitlingreer1234) | 608 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1148 comments Caitlin wrote: "Finished
[Spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Caitlin (caitlingreer1234) | 608 comments Ta || bookishbluehead wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Finished
[Spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1148 comments Caitlin wrote: "Ta || bookishbluehead wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Finished
[Spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Caitlin (caitlingreer1234) | 608 comments Ta || bookishbluehead wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Ta || bookishbluehead wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Finished
[Spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

Exactly! I think i was being too generous giving this book 2 stars 😅

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1148 comments Caitlin wrote: "Ta || bookishbluehead wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Ta || bookishbluehead wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Finished
[Spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

Exactly! I t..."

:D I was at 2 stars, too. But after our talk I decided to go with one star... :D But the beginning wasn't so bad, so that's something.