2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Lexington Avenue (Gaslight Mystery, #12)
This topic is about Murder on Lexington Avenue

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
It was made clear that Frank would have a tough time charging Terrance or Terry Young with murder if either of them committed the crimes but there would be little tolerance for the embezzlement. What did you make of that?

message 2: by Robin (last edited Dec 10, 2018 04:54PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments Frank wouldn't be able to bring charges without losing his job; but Mr. Decker could spread the word about Terrance and Terry. It would eventually put them out of business and no one else would be hiring them. It looks like the rich people had a way of keeping each other in line.

Phrynne | 601 comments As Robin says the police are not very effective but the rich could make their own judgements and punishments

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
I still found it incredible that business held more value than life. In either event, the elite class still prefers to handle their own justice rather than cooperate with the police. With that said, the police have earned their disrespect.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Yes, Mr Decker finally came in really handy to mete out justice outside his own family here. It did show the class differences, as you've all said.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments It just astounds me that the wealthy could get away with murder. I'm starting to like Mr. Decker more and more.