2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Lexington Avenue (Gaslight Mystery, #12)
This topic is about Murder on Lexington Avenue

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Did Adam top your list of suspects or was someone else heading that list? Were you of the opinion that the same person killed both Wooten and Leander or were you thinking there were two separate killers and motives?

message 2: by Robin (last edited Dec 10, 2018 04:48PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments I was keeping an open mind until Leander was killed. Then I decided it was Adam and/or Electra. I figured they were the only ones that would profit from Leander's death. I didn't buy into the partner or his son killing both Wooten and Leander because of embezelling money.

Phrynne | 601 comments I never suspected Adam. I thought it was one of the Youngs right up to the point when Frank disproved it.

I was pretty sure it was one of the Youngs until Leander was killed. Then Adam shot right to the top of my list. I even toyed with the idea of two separate killers.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I was with Phrynne here. Thought it was one of the Youngs, for money in business would have been a big motive, too, especially after embezzlement.

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments I started seriously suspecting Adam after the second time Frank spoke with Rossiter.

I never thought one of the Young killed Leander, because it was just too soon after his father's death. I figured they'd try to convince him some more to leave the business before resorting to murder.

Good points, Giulia.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I suspected Adam from the first.
The mechanical pencil was always in the back of my mind every time he wrote in his notebook.

This was only reinforced when Leander was killed.

I must admit I’d completely forgotten about the mechanical pencil until Frank mentioned it again.

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments Great deduction Lauren! I didn't think about the pencil until Frank showed it as proof at the end.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I've read/seen too many Agatha Christie's where the small detail is so revealing :)