2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Lexington Avenue (Gaslight Mystery, #12)
This topic is about Murder on Lexington Avenue

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7626 comments Mod
What did you think of Valora’s reaction to her newborn son? Was she just feeling desperate or does this run much deeper?

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments Wow, I didn't know what to think when she asked Sarah to kill the baby. My thought was...is she serious? I can understand her being desperate and asking her to give the kid to someone else (an orphanage), but I was shocked when she asked Sarah to kill it.

Phrynne | 602 comments She was altogether a very unlikeable woman.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7626 comments Mod
While I understood her desperation but to have no maternal feelings at all towards the child told me everything I needed to know about Valora. It explains how she exploited the feelings of the young boy she essentially helped raise. I think she was a sociopath who raised another just like her.

Suggesting that she murder the baby? This woman is a menace to society behind the facade of respectability.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Agreed. No wonder Electra was turning out the way she was, and as soon as their father was dead, the brother didn't look to be so well behaved himself. With a mother like that, wow!

Hoped that the baby would be adopted.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Valora is evil.
Her relationship with Terry Jr was sick and I truly believed that she would have murdered the baby, especially if Wooten hadn't been killed.