While I Was Reading Annual Challenge discussion

2019 Challenge Topics > A book mentioned in another book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ramona (new)

Ramona Mead (ramonamead) | 63 comments This one is probably the trickiest for this year. I encountered it in a previous reading challenge and enjoyed it so wanted to add it to my own. I like that it connects books I read, and makes me pay closer attention to any references the author makes to other books.

I recently finished This Naked Mind by Annie Grace, and in it she quotes several books but the one I took note of is The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg.

message 2: by Ramona (new)

Ramona Mead (ramonamead) | 63 comments I'm currently reading Taking the Work Out of Networking: An Introvert's Guide to Making Connections That Count by Karen Wickre, and I've added two books to my TBR so far that she's mentioned:

The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer
Friend of a Friend by David Burkus

message 3: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalyn) | 11 comments I might hunt down one (or more) of the books mentioned in The Enchanted.

message 4: by Doree (new)

Doree Weller | 2 comments I've had The Red Queen on my list for a few years (mentioned in Me Before You). This might be the year I tackle it.

message 5: by Lea (new)

Lea (leaglette) | 12 comments My kindle has a newish feature wherein I can purchase titles mentioned in my kindle books! I haven’t run across a pick yet but hopeful one will pop up soon.

message 6: by Raúl (new)

Raúl | 9 comments For this challenge, I read A Gentle Madness: Bibliophiles, Bibliomanes, and the Eternal Passion for Books, which was actually very interesting. It's nonfiction, in case someone prefers that. It was mentioned in The Man Who Loved Books Too Much: The True Story of a Thief, a Detective, and a World of Literary Obsession. They both mention a lot of books, actually, so reading either of those could give a lot of inspiration and ideas for this prompt.