Christian Fiction Fans discussion

Introducing myself.

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Ulrich | 4 comments Hello! My name is Elizabeth, and I am from Michigan. I joined GoodReads a couple weeks ago, and I am very pleased to find a Christian fiction fans group because I love Christian fiction books, especially romance and historical Christian fiction. Right now I am reading Chasing the Sun by Tracie Peterson. I just finished Cape Light, and my goal for 2019 is to read the entire Cape Light series. I also love Barbara Bell Calhoun and Richard Paul Evans. My favorite Richard Paul Evans book is The Mistletoe Promise. I have read that book four times, and I will read it again. I look forward to being a member of this group and reading along with you all.

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 55 comments Welcome, Elizabeth, and I hope you will enjoy getting to know people in this group and find a lot of good Christian historical romance to read.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey. I'm Anna! I love writing and reading fiction, singing, playing music, and drawing/painting etc.

By the way if anyone is a writer I have a group called Christian Writer's Inspiration Club that REALLY needs members.

message 4: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 2 comments Hey All, I'm Sheila Thonen, and I too love Christian fiction. Historical Christian fiction is my favorite, so the. Mark of the Lion series, by Francine Rivers, is my all time favorite. Blessings to you all and feel free to post your favorite stand alone novels ...or... series. Adding things to my "to read" list is a very helpful go-me-by tool. Merry Christmas and may 2019 bring you grace, peace and joy.

message 5: by Rose (last edited Dec 09, 2018 08:16PM) (new)

Rose S. (RoseSKing) | 9 comments Hi everyone, I'm Rose. I'm a Christian fantasy author from California. I've always wanted to be a writer. My favorite book series is Harry Potter. I'm also a huge Disney fan. I've published two novels on Amazon. Blessings of the Firebird's Light begins the thrilling Firebird's Blessings Saga through time and worlds as the heroes try to stop a terrible plot to bring about the apocalypse. Join the firebird quest, fall in love and save the worlds today. Blessings is available on Amazon.
Blessings of the Firebird's Light: The Firebird's Blessings Saga: Book 1

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Connell (michelleconnell) | 4 comments My name is Michelle and I'm the author of two contemporary inspirational novels. Heir Force: A Military Inspirational Romance deals with members of the air force, and Kate has to deal with a huge undertaking not military related.

In Cookie Encounter, Natalie has a secret past and isn't looking for love when she meets Nick over a platter of cookies. You can find both on GR and read the reviews.

I love Sarah Sundin's historical military books and mystery/suspense by Christy Barritt and Lynette Eason. Another favorite author is Colleen Coble.

message 7: by Brad (new)

Brad Molen | 2 comments Hi my name is Brad and I’m from Wichita Kansas. I love reading Ted Dekker books as well as Frank Peretti, bill myers, Tom pawlik, and many others. I’ve always wanted to write Christian fiction for my mom who passed away 7 years ago but have been struggling to find inspiration. Thanks for your love and support. Are there any other authors like Ted Dekker?

message 8: by Kent (new)

Kent Wyatt (authorkentwyatt) | 13 comments Hey Brad. I used to be a police Sgt/Detective in Pratt, Ks. about 70 miles west of Wichita. I grew up in NW Kansas. Peretti and Dekker are among my favorite authors and have been some of my inspiration. Since my retirement of over 30 years of law enforcement, my wife Rebekah and I write Christian suspense and thrillers. Our debut novel entitled SEEING BEYOND was recently compared by a reader to The Blessed Child by Dekker and Bright. I humbly recommend it. See what you think of it. Here is a link: https://www.amazon.com/Seeing-Beyond-...

message 9: by Kent (new)

Kent Wyatt (authorkentwyatt) | 13 comments Hello, April. Glad to have you in the group. I pray God will make all your dreams come true. The writers road is long and hard and the key thing is to hang on to the call that God has given you despite all the obstacles. God will use you in ways you never expected.

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 55 comments Welcome April, and I echo what Kent says.

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 55 comments Yes, April, I often thank God for the man who invented the Internet, and those who invented Kindles and, and and...

message 12: by Kent (last edited Feb 18, 2019 09:58PM) (new)

Kent Wyatt (authorkentwyatt) | 13 comments Hey gang. I have said hi to some of you that have come to this greetings page but not all. Anna is so good to greet so many of you. Bless her. I connected with Brad and April but Scrolling back I see Elizabeth, Sheila, Rose, and Michelle that I did not specifically acknowledge. Hello. I have been on Good Reads for sometime and joined this group a while back but have not been very active. I joined because I love reading and writing Christian Fiction. My wife and I write Romantic Suspense and thrillers for a Christian press called Winged Publications. Our second novel will be coming out this spring, Lord willing. I am sitting down tonight to work on it. I work night shift in the ICU of our local hospital so on my days off I write at night. I am trying to strengthen the romance of my hero and heroine. She is an artisan jam maker who cooks at a group home so she can be close to her autistic brother who lives there. Our hero is a Mossad agent who is in the U.S. to stop an antisemitic plot by a DNA scientist. Chance or the Lord has thrown her in the middle of his operation. Now her brother's unique gift might play a crucial role in stopping a threat much bigger than they originally thought. Just for fun and to possibly help my story, what are the most romantic scenes you remember from novels you have read and what do you think would strengthen the romance between such an unlikely pair as my characters?

message 13: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Brown (goodreadscomkbbrown) | 5 comments Hi Kent I enjoyed your post. I'm Katherine and I too write Christian Romance-Mystery-Thriller. It's good to hear from someone with something in common. I've finished my fourth book and it's a Christian Thriller. I think the more twist and turns that you have in a book make the reader curious. I had been told by my readers that not knowing what would happen next kept them reading. I always try to write the unexpected. Hope all goes well with your writing.

message 14: by Kent (last edited Feb 20, 2019 09:48PM) (new)

Kent Wyatt (authorkentwyatt) | 13 comments Greetings Katherine. Good to connect with you. Surprises are the best. Love to read them. Love to write them. Just FYI, I tried to go to your website from the link on your Goodreads page and it did not work. Lord bless your writing.

message 15: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Brown (goodreadscomkbbrown) | 5 comments Hi Kent thanks for the 411. All is corrected. Enjoy my website.

message 16: by Kent (new)

Kent Wyatt (authorkentwyatt) | 13 comments Katherine, I did check out your website and YouTube channel. I read the first few chapters of Color Me Jesus and a couple of your short stories. You are off to a great start on your writing. Keep working, learning and praying. I am sure the Lord has a unique place for you. You have a gentle pleasant manner on YouTube and you sing beautifully. That will help draw people to your writing. If you like, you are welcome to look into what my wife, Rebekah and I are up to at https://www.kentwyatt.org/ or watch the trailer for our book SEEING BEYOND (with the sound) on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_co...

message 17: by James (new)

James Sanderson | 12 comments DARKNESS OF THE HEART:

How do ordinary citizens know when the nation in which they reside is headed into darkness? Joseph Conrad's 'Heart of Darkness' does not lend itself directly to such a question, of course, - it is concerned with the individual human - Kurtz. But there is the notion that, "All Europe contributed to the making of Kurtz." Kurtz, of course, is the central character, the monster, at the center of this work. He is the one who, "lacked restraint in the gratification of his various lusts..." The one who cried out twice with his last breath, "The horror! The horror!" So at very least we are forced to question as individuals: "will we, if left unchecked, bend toward horror in every instance?"

More: http://jamesdsanderson.blogspot.com

message 18: by Merrillee (new)

Merrillee Whren (merrilleewhren) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Merrillee Whren, and I saw an invite to this group. I'm an author and write contemporary Christian romance. I don't spend much time on Goodreads because I'm too busy with other things, and I'm hopelessly behind in keeping track of the books I've read and plan to read. So I wanted to say hi, but I may not pop in again for weeks.

message 19: by Jessalyn (new)

Jessalyn Joy | 5 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Hello! My name is Elizabeth, and I am from Michigan. I joined GoodReads a couple weeks ago, and I am very pleased to find a Christian fiction fans group because I love Christian fiction books, espe..."

I love Richard Paul Evans. I have read a lot of his books. I especially like the Broken Road series. Have you read the Broken Road series? If not I greatly recommend it.

message 20: by Jessalyn (new)

Jessalyn Joy | 5 comments Hi. My name is Jessalyn. I'm 27 and have had goodreads since October 2017. I love Terri Blackstock, Richard Paul Evans, Karen Kingsbury, Joyce Meyer and the Bible.

message 21: by Emilie (new)

Emilie Chase (emilierosechase) | 1 comments Hi! My name is Emilie, and I am an avid book lover from Michigan. I have only been on Goodreads for a few months but already I have found such a wonderful book-loving community. My favorite genres are Christian fiction, Biblical fiction, Christian suspense, Christian romance, Christian YA, and the classics. My absolute favorite authors are Beverly Lewis, Amy Clipston, Dee Henderson, Dani Pettrey, Colleen Coble, Tracie Peterson, and L.M. Montgomery.

message 22: by Kent (new)

Kent Wyatt (authorkentwyatt) | 13 comments Hi, Emilie. I'm Kent Wyatt. Welcome. Glad to hear everyone is treating you well here on Goodreads. My wife, Rebekah enjoys those authors as well. She just got through with Colleen Coble's latest. Rebekah and I also write Christian suspense/thrillers. If you like those authors you might want to give us a try. We have two novels of our special heroes series published through Winged Publications and the eBooks are on sale right now for just .99 cents. Our stories have received recognition from the American Christian Fiction Writers Genesis Award, the Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense and the Selah Award, but we are relatively new to the field so we are still trying to get our name out there among all the voices. We are always looking for readers who love Christian suspense. I am a retired law enforcement officer of over 30 years and I put a lot of my experience into our stories. Here is a link to the first two books in the series. We are working on the next as we speak. Keep in touch and let us know the next great thing you read. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08...

message 23: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (michaela_noelle) | 2 comments Hi, my name is Michaela, and I just joined GoodReads about a week or so ago. My favorite genres are Christian fiction, Christian romantic suspense, historical Christian fiction, and the classics. I also enjoy several select YA books. Some of my favorite authors are Dee Henderson, Colleen Coble, Karen Kingsbury, Diann Mills, Dani Pettrey, Irene Hannon, and Lisa T. Bergren.

message 24: by Kent (last edited Jul 08, 2020 09:09PM) (new)

Kent Wyatt (authorkentwyatt) | 13 comments Hi Michaela. Always glad to meet new readers. Welcome to Goodreads. My wife Rebekah and I write your style of books if you're interested in giving them a try. We have two novels of our special heroes series published through Winged Publications and the eBooks are on sale right now for just .99 cents. Our stories have been recognized by the American Christian Fiction Writers Genesis Award, the Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense and the Selah Award. Because we are new to the field, we are trying to get the word out about our novels. A lot of the authors you mentioned are ones we read as well. I am a retired law enforcement officer of over 30 years and I put a lot of my experience into our stories. Rebekah makes sure the romance is done correctly. Here is a link to the first two books in the series. We are working on the next as we speak. So glad to connect with another reader of Christian suspense. Some say we are a dwindling breed but we pray to see the ranks growing all the time. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08.

message 25: by Gail (new)

Gail Martin (gailgaymermartin) | 2 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Hello! My name is Elizabeth, and I am from Michigan. I joined GoodReads a couple weeks ago, and I am very pleased to find a Christian fiction fans group because I love Christian fiction books, espe..."

message 26: by Gail (new)

Gail Martin (gailgaymermartin) | 2 comments Hi Elizabeth, Nice to hear you like books set in Michigan. I lived in Michigan all my life until we recently moved to Sedona, Arizona. I love Michigan and have a very popular Christmas novel Mackinac Island Christmas, set there, but also a suspense - See Jane Run, and many of my other books are also set in Michigan. If you check me out on Amazon, you will see the many novels I've had published. I wrote for Love Inspired and Barbour Publishing for years and now I'm writing for Winged Publications - Look for Gail Gaymer Martin on Amazon. https://amzn.to/3gOfinb
Blessings and good reading - Gail

message 27: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Alyse (jessicaalyse) | 5 comments Hey, there! I'm Jessica Alyse, a Christian Romance author. Check out my Goodreads group geared toward listening to the voice of readers. "Let's Talk Christian Fiction." Stop by and weigh in!

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 28: by Kent (new)

Kent Wyatt (authorkentwyatt) | 13 comments Thanks, Jessica.

message 29: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Penn | 4 comments Hello. I’m new to this group, and since there’s this introduction thread, well, here I am. I published my first Christian novel last year, just as the pandemic was heating up and lockdowns were kicking in. Good timing, bad timing? Beats me.
Regarding that first novel, “We Called Him Yeshua,” I’d found myself curious about what it might have been like to actually follow Jesus as He traveled throughout ancient Israel. What did those people see, and feel? So, I wrote a story from their perspective, drawing from actual people Jesus interacted with as recorded in the Bible. Like the woman who wept at Jesus’ feet while He was having dinner at the house of a church leader, and the compassion she felt from Jesus while the dinner host chastised her. Or the leper who said to Jesus, “If you are willing, you can make me clean,” and what he must have felt when Jesus placed His hand on the man’s shoulder, the man feeling the touch of another person for maybe the first time since he’d contracted that disease.
Anyway, I’m currently working on two more books—another novel, this one set in modern times, and a second book that’s something of a memoir. Writing is the best part of my day, followed by reading. Wish I could do more of both.
I hope you all have a great day. Take care,
CJ Penn

message 30: by Annmarie (new)

Annmarie Roberts | 4 comments Hello Y'all!

Let me share about my new novel, Hollywood is Not Home. It brings to life the affect a move to the South can have on a women who grew up mostly in Las Vegas, Nevada. You will feel the love I have for Southern people, their faith, and genuine kindness. Oh, and let's not forget the good old Southern cooking...the best!

Please read my bio, the information about my novel, and check out my awesome blessed reviews!

Remember, we are all STARS in HIS eyes! This is the message that is the basis of my novel.

Many blessings!
Hollywood is Not Home
Annmarie M. Roberts

message 31: by Elyana (new)

Elyana Fowler | 1 comments Ahh congrats! I am so happy for you.

message 32: by Annmarie (new)

Annmarie Roberts | 4 comments Thank you, Elyana. Many blessings!

message 33: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 55 comments Welcome C.J. - "Writing is the best part of my day, followed by reading. Wish I could do more of both." Ah yes, how I love my writing and reading too.

Welcome Annmarie - and I wish you all the very best in getting your message out.