While I Was Reading Annual Challenge discussion

2019 Challenge Topics > A Book with "how to" in the title

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ramona (new)

Ramona Mead (ramonamead) | 63 comments This doesn't have to be limited to literal how to or self help books.

Consider:

How To Build A Girl by Caitlin Moran (A novel that I HIGHLY recommend)

I'm planning to read the follow up to this novel, called How To Be Famous.

Caitlin Moran also has a non-fiction book called How To Be A Woman, which I'm interested in as well.

I also highly recommend Thich Nhat Hanh's Mindfulness Essentials Series, which are all short little books:

How to Sit
How To Walk
How To Relax
How To Fight
How To Love
How To Eat

message 2: by Randi (new)

Randi Robinson (wvteddy) | 3 comments I am not a nonfiction reader. I like mysteries and thrillers. I rarely read fantasy. I searched my library website for How To books and came up with How to Train Your Dragon. I needed a book with a mythological creature for another challenge so I gave the audiobook a go. It was very enjoyable.

message 3: by Hobart (new)

Hobart (hcnewton) | 6 comments Randi wrote: "... I searched my library website for How To books and came up with How to Train Your Dragon...."
how did I not think of that? If for no other reason than the trailer for the 3rd movie was everywhere ... I've got to go slap my forehead a bit

message 4: by Raúl (new)

Raúl | 9 comments I chose How to Be Black by Baratunde R. Thurston for this prompt.

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 1 comments I loved How to Stop Time by Matt Haig! How to Stop Time

While I Was Reading Annual Challenge

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

How to Be Black (other topics)
How to Stop Time (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Baratunde R. Thurston (other topics)