unOrdinary discussion

Character Stuff > Character Claim

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (last edited Dec 17, 2018 07:37AM) (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) | 366 comments Mod
Here you can claim a character from within the comic. In order to claim a canon character, you need to have read the comic. Below are a list of most of the characters, althoguh if you want one not listed that's cool too.

John (Lex)
Arlo (Firestar)
Isen (Jon the Shady Author)
Blyke
Remi
Elaine
Seraphina (Deepthi

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex Arpayan  | 89 comments Jon the Shady Author wrote: "Well, there's more to his power than that, and I asked for his personality, not his life's story. Personality, please."

I don’t know a lot of his power just the fact he can copy abilities also his peronality is very complicating since he is very kind and joking to Seraphina and very threaghtning to Arlo and Elaine to everyone else he puts himself as a hopeless naive cripple and John will always get back up when someone beats him down and keep going. So he pretty much has a whole bunch of traits but with Seraphina he is very truthful with the way he is except that fact he can’t tell her his past

message 3: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Could you please rephrase that into something legible, please?

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex Arpayan  | 89 comments Jon the Shady Author wrote: "Could you please rephrase that into something legible, please?"

Over all his personality is warm-hearted and kind to those he loves, mean and threaghtning to those he dislikes or even hates, and he makes himself seem as a hopeless, and naive cripple

message 5: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Okay. John is yours. Make sure you keep him consistent with the canon.

message 6: by Deepthi (new)

Deepthi (d-star) | 49 comments Can I claim Seraphina?

message 7: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Deepthi, please explain Seraphina's personality (I won't ask for her power, nobody knows how that works. I have a theory, but it doesn't look like it'll ever be confirmed.)

message 8: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Alright, science time! Gather 'round, children, gather 'round.

John's power is the ability to copy the power of others. It operates under similar principles to an amoeba.
In nature, amoebas, or perhaps a better example is Kirby, who all evidence points to his beign an intelligent amoeba, sometimes "eats" another bacterium. When they do this, they take the DNA for certain traits that help them survive and splice it into their own code, chucking out everything else.
John copies abilities he is exposed to into a stronger version of the ability.
Amoebas only keep the stolen DNA as long as it helps them survive, before chucking that out as well,
John is trying really hard to seem like a cripple, so it makes sense that when he was done with the ability he would dump it.

message 9: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

In theory, yes. However, take a look at the fight with Arlo and the the other two at Turf Wars area. WHen he copies the ability, he clearly has an innate understanding of how it works, or he wouldnt have thought to use his own barrier to counter Arlo's. But if he could "Level Up" the copy, wouldn't he have? Instead he uses what he has in combinations.

message 10: by Alex (new)

Alex Arpayan  | 89 comments Jon the Shady Author- "Just remember if we get caught, you're deaf and I don't speak English." wrote: "In theory, yes. However, take a look at the fight with Arlo and the the other two at Turf Wars area. WHen he copies the ability, he clearly has an innate understanding of how it works, or he wouldn..."

but didn´t they touch him before he used it and Arlo already was using his power so i think he needs to see it being used or be touched by them or their power. but then again ur right it is by instinct.

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 11, 2018 12:06PM) (new)

John had to see Arlo use his ability. They didn't make physical contact, but he did attack and Arlo was forced to use his shield. No physical contact was made because the shield blocked the attack.

message 12: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Exactly, he has to be exposed to it before he can replicate it.

message 13: by Deepthi (new)

Deepthi (d-star) | 49 comments Jon the Shady Author- "Just remember if we get caught, you're deaf and I don't speak English." wrote: "Deepthi, please explain Seraphina's personality (I won't ask for her power, nobody knows how that works. I have a theory, but it doesn't look like it'll ever be confirmed.)"

She has a rather relaxed personality and doesn't care about what others think of her. She can get very assertive with people who get into her personal things, going so far as freezing time around them.

Though I noticed that around John however, Seraphina tends to be playfully sarcastic, though she does look up to him.

message 14: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Seraphina is yours, Deepthi.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

personally i want to claim john but..... DIBS ON ARLO

message 16: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Explain Arlo's personality and how his ability works.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

his ability is a force field any one who attacks it gets a rebound and hurt by their own attack causing cuts to appear along their arm he can also create forcefields around his oponents and if the need arises crush them to death inside it making it the ultimate offensive defense

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

personality he is a basic perfectionist and want to keep perfect order in the school and social hierarchy gets annoyed easily on basic terms he can be an asshole but at the same time can be a nice guy just easily ill tempered did i get it all?

message 19: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Arlo's barrier isn't quite that simple, and how it reflects attacks doesn't work like that.
You got the personality right, though.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

so can i have him? i got his basic terms down

message 21: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

If you can sit through this lecture I'm about to give.

Arlo's barrier is directly linked to the state of his own body. While the barrier itself is nearly impenetrable for those who lack the power to do so, if it is broken he will take significant damage to the point where he may cough up blood.
If someone lacks the power the break trhough his barrer and still attacks it, the attack is rebounded back. If someone punches it, it would crack their arm in several places and their arm flesh would be torn up, if someone used their ability, then the attack would be rebounded to the location on their body that it was aimed at his.
He can engage his barrier at any given time and choose who it remains solid against, allowing him to either crush someone with it or allow them trhough, and he can spawn his barrier anywhere he can see.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

understood

message 23: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Ass-lo is yours.