2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2019 > Matis 2019 Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by matilde (last edited Dec 29, 2018 03:16AM) (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) | 121 comments Welcome to my 2019 reading challenge!

1. Read 50% of the books on my physical TBR
2. Read 6 goodreads choice winners from 2018
3. Finish 5 series that I have started
4. Read and watch more book to screen adaptions

message 2: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (allons-y-bookworm) | 2999 comments Good luck with your reading challenge!

message 3: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) | 121 comments My official reading goal for 2019 will be 40 books!

message 4: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) | 121 comments January monthly challenge: Marathon

Goal: Read 1000pages

I read 1462 pages total in January

message 5: by matilde (last edited Mar 27, 2019 06:46AM) (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) | 121 comments February monthly challenge: Celebrating the Blues

Goal: Finish at least 1 of the 8 prompts listed

1. Blue ribbon winner! Read an award-winning book or a book that centers around a contest.

2. "The cure for anything is saltwater: sweat, tears, or the sea." Read a book about an activity that makes you sweat, brings about tears (happy or sad), or takes place at or on the sea.

3. "Everyday I have the blues." The Blues genre of music has been influential around the globe since its origins. Read a book about music or written by a musician.

4. Fly a Blue Flag. Read a book that takes place primarily in a country that has blue in its flag.

5. "Roses are red, violets are blue..." Read a book of love poems or a book with flowers on the cover.

6. Japanese Indigo plants create a beautiful blue dye and are used in a process called "blueing." Read a book by a Japanese author or a book about fashion.

7. "Keep Calm and Carry Read On." Blue has been associated with serenity. Read a book with a cover or subject matter that relaxes you.

8. "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue." Read a book about a wedding or that relates to any of these "somethings."

I finished 1 prompt

message 6: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) | 121 comments So far I have read 32 books out of my goal of 40. Haven´t made a huge dent in my physical TBR tho, as I´ve been reading mostly audiobooks.