Great Middle Grade Reads discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
GROUP BUSINESS > Please welcome our new Moderators - SaraKat and C.J.!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jemima (last edited Dec 06, 2018 02:13AM) (new)

Jemima Pett | 1350 comments Mod
SaraKat and C.J. have been pressganged volunteered to become Moderators for the Group.

Please join Rebecca and me in welcoming them to the team.

As from January, SaraKat will take on the busy job of looking after the Book of the Month nominations, polls and discussions.

C.J. will look after the new Challenges for the year, and also the discussions on Best Books I Read... thread.

And we'll all be welcoming members, sorting out problems if any, and generally enjoying life with the group. Rebecca and I will be lurking to zap spammers, and other tidying and policing-type duties. We're both doing some fairly substantial life changes at the moment, so we're very grateful to our two new moderators for taking some of the strain.

I hope you both enjoy your new roles!

message 2: by Louie (new)

Louie | 73 comments Congrats Sarakat and C.J. ! I can't wait to see what you do to the group!

message 3: by SaraKat (new)

SaraKat | 161 comments Mod
I think those jobs are backwards! But it doesn't matter, it'll all get done. :) I look forward to giving back to a group that has given me some great reading experiences.

message 4: by Carmel (new)

Carmel | 72 comments Thanks Sarakat and CJ for accepting your new roles! I’m sure you’ll both be awesome moderators! Thanks also - very much so our current moderators who haven’t stepped down but continue to support us all - building a middle grade reading (and thinking) culture around the globe. I really appreciate you all!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for stepping forward to become moderators, SaraKat and C.J.

message 6: by Justine (new)

Justine Laismith (justinelaismith) | 304 comments Thank you Sarakat and C.J for stepping up. And indeed, thanks Rebecca and Jemima for staying on despite your busy lives. Looking forward to this new team.

message 7: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 127 comments Mod
SaraKat wrote: "I look forward to giving back to a group that has given me some great reading experiences."

Also looking forward to lending a hand. This group is my favorite place to hang out on Goodreads!

message 8: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Jaeger (jsjaeger) | 168 comments Thank you! Thank you for coming onboard. You are rock stars!

message 9: by S.D. (new)

S.D. | 2 comments Can't wait! Thanks for moderating.

message 10: by Jemima (new)

SaraKat wrote: "I think those jobs are backwards! But it doesn't matter, it'll all get done. :)"

I've now corrected them in the first post. If you want to edit out the correction from your message 3, I'll then delete this one :)

message 11: by Maria (new)

Maria Dateno | 43 comments Thank you for your helping make this group possible, C.J. and SaraKat!

message 12: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 1662 comments Mod
My thanks to CJ and SaraKat are also immense!

message 13: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 78 comments Thank you for taking on what must be a very big job. I like this genre and this group very much, although I no longer have enough time to give to middle grades reading as I once had.

message 14: by Rebecca (new)

Catherine wrote: "Thank you for taking on what must be a very big job. I like this genre and this group very much, although I no longer have enough time to give to middle grades reading as I once had."

We hope it's not that big a job! Really, lest we scare them off again, being a mod isn't a huge task :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome SaraKat. Great name. Thank you for taking this on.

message 16: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (casey445) | 2 comments I never post —but I check here regularly for book ideas for my fourth grade classroom. I truly appreciate the group and suggestions. Thanks all. I just finished The Girl who Drank the Moon and Greenglass House ( don’t know if that was ever a read here ) and loved them both.

message 17: by Jemima (last edited Jan 06, 2019 10:19AM) (new)

Cassandra said: I never post —but I check here regularly for book ideas...

Yes, we've read both of those, relatively recently.

You can find books we've read as Book of the Month list in the Book of the Month thread, and individual discussion threads in the same section (for about six months) and the Archive Book of the Month after that.

Nice of you to drop in and tell us, but can I remind people to find 'appropriate' places to post even the nicest of messages :)

This thread was about our new moderators!

'Appropriate' might have been in 'general discussions', or even 'best book I read since...'

message 18: by M.G. (new)

M.G. King (mgking) | 728 comments Welcome SaraKat and CJ! This is a fun group to moderate! Jemima, Rebecca, how are you all doing? It's been awhile since I've been able to pop in, but love to see that the group is still going strong : )

message 19: by Alba (new)

Alba Arango | 30 comments Thank you both for doing this. You guys rock!

message 20: by Rebecca (new)

M.G. wrote: "Welcome SaraKat and CJ! This is a fun group to moderate! Jemima, Rebecca, how are you all doing? It's been awhile since I've been able to pop in, but love to see that the group is still going stron..."

Hi, MG! So good to see you! I've been away most of the last year, just kind of popping in and out (one reason we had to find more Mods) as we've been traveling. That isn't really going to change anytime soon--retirement happened, and we are bent on seeing as much of the world as we can, in as much depth as we can :)

message 21: by Jemima (new)

Greetings everyone, and thanks for letting me take some time off.
I even curtailed my blogging for a while too.

I’ve written the two last books in my series, and now I’m in editing mode. But the thing that has been distracting me most has been trying to sell my house. I’ve finally got a buyer, so things will continue to be topsy turvy for a while.

But I hope to spend more time here now.

If you’ll let me of course ;)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.