YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

A Touch of Gold (A Touch of Gold, #1)
This topic is about A Touch of Gold
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > A Touch of Gold (A Touch of Gold #1) by Annie Sullivan - Restarting February 11th 2019

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Andy | 13953 comments King Midas once had the ability to turn all he touched into gold. But after his gift—or curse—almost killed his daughter, Midas relinquished The Touch forever. Ten years later, Princess Kora still bears the consequences of her father’s wish: her skin shines golden, rumors follow her everywhere she goes, and she harbors secret powers that are getting harder to hide.

Kora spends her days locked in the palace, concealed behind gloves and veils, trying to ignore the stares and gossip of courtiers. It isn’t until a charming young duke arrives that Kora realizes there may be someone out there who doesn’t fear her or her curse. But their courtship is disrupted when a thief steals precious items from the kingdom, leaving the treasury depleted and King Midas vulnerable. Thanks to her unique ability to sense gold, Kora is the only one who can track the thief down. As she sails off on her quest, Kora learns that not everything is what it seems—not thieves, not pirates, and not even curses. She quickly discovers that gold—and the power it brings—is more dangerous than she’d ever believed.

Midas learned his lesson at a price. What will Kora’s journey cost?

Andy | 13953 comments 7 (view spoiler)

15 (view spoiler)

22 (view spoiler)

Andy | 13953 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 45795 comments Mod
12% (view spoiler)

20% (view spoiler)

message 6: by Maddie (last edited Feb 10, 2019 08:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

25% (view spoiler)

30% (view spoiler)

43% (view spoiler)

56% (view spoiler)

60% (view spoiler)

70% (view spoiler)

Will finish tomorrow.

I'm finishing it up now :) Are you wanting to read the rest of the series too? I'm not totally following it anymore, but just doing it for points XD

I like BRing with you! You do so many updates! Any chance you can post them separately when you reach them? So I can read them over time, rather than all at once?

98% (view spoiler)

Ah true the others aren't out yet :/

Yeah but I'll probably start Wicked King tomorrow, I have too much other things to read today. It's a physical, whereas I fly through my audios XD

I reviewed it on the book's page.

I enjoyed it for an audio, and I actually kept up, but I never really get too invested in audios because I fly through them. (view spoiler)

Yeah, glad that was a quick one XD