De hemlösa katterna i Homs
This topic is about De hemlösa katterna i Homs
Page Numbering Requests > Please add correct number of pages

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Christina | 21 comments ISBN: 9789146234869
Book: De hemlösa katterna i Homs
Author: Eva Nour

This book has 300 pages, not 200. Please amend.

See number of pages on Swedish publisher's site:
https://www.wwd.se/bocker/223247/de-h...
And also on libris.kb.se:
http://libris.kb.se/bib/22571472

Thank you for your time.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23843 comments Sorry Christina, the publisher states 200 pages & we can't use bookseller sites except for amazon & its affiliates.

Christina | 21 comments Sandra wrote: "Sorry Christina, the publisher states 200 pages & we can't use bookseller sites except for amazon & its affiliates."

Thanks for getting back to me, Sandra! Oh man, I really thought you could use libris.kb.se as it's listed in the Goodreads librarian guidelines? Such a shame Swedish books aren't on Amazon, ugh. I get it though, there's not much you can do. Thanks again for replying, and so quickly. I appreciate it!

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42507 comments Mod
Amazon is not a good source for page count, except for Kindle editions. WorldCat is, but this ISBN is not listed there.

Do you actually have a copy of the book?

message 5: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20239 comments Libris.kb.se (linked in message 1) is the Swedish National Library which to me seems as reliable as Worldcat concerning the page count.

Based on that, I've changed the page count to 300, and left a note with the source of the page count, and that it may be changed based on the actual book in hand.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Arenda wrote: "Libris.kb.se (linked in message 1) is the Swedish National Library which to me seems as reliable as Worldcat concerning the page count."

That would depend on where they get their page counts from. WorldCat's come from physical counts done by individual librarians.

Christina | 21 comments Thank you for the help, everyone. I'm very grateful. I do have a copy of the book and it is 300 pages. I've tried looking other Swedish titles up before, and WorldCat doesn't seem to have many of those listed. It does seem as though the libris.kb.se site is one of few comprehensive sites for Swedish literature. Anyway, thanks yet again for your hard work, it's much appreciated.

Christina | 21 comments rivka wrote: "That would depend on where they get their page counts from. WorldCat's come from physical counts done by individual librarians."

The Libris.kb.se site says that all the book information is gathered and uploaded by collaborating librarians. It does not specify if they enter the info from publisher's sites or by book in hand, though.

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Christina wrote: "I do have a copy of the book and it is 300 pages."

For future requests, please be sure to mention if you have the book. While librarians may then confirm how you are counting pages, book in hand is better than any site (except for ebooks).