21 Lessons for the 21st Century 21 Lessons for the 21st Century question

21 Lessons for the 21st Century | Odeta Stuikys Rose
Odetta  Stuikys Rose Odetta Dec 03, 2018 09:30PM
Hello

I am odeta stuikys rose from USA.

I want to know about “21 Lessons for the 21st Century” book.
Is this book worth reading?

Thanks

Hi Odetta,

I highly recommend it.

This book will help you to have a better understanding of our present by questioning our history. It will also give you a glimpse of how the world will like in the coming decades. SPOILER, soon we won’t have to go to the movies to watch a sci-fi film. The loom of massive unemployment, disruptive technology, and an environmental catastrophe will take over the big screen.

Odetta Stuikys Rose Thanks Pablo for your suggestion
Dec 06, 2018 09:19PM · flag

Have read Sapiens and 21st century. Both were fantastic books that completely changed my way of thinking about humans, history and evolution.

Unemployment, technology etc... has little to do with 12 Lessons. I think that 21 Lessons is worth reading. Peterson's talks about the confusion young people face in a world in which postmodern "critical thinking" leaves us empty of ethical guidance, yet we are inundated in the media by polarising certainties of opposing tribes. He looks to Nietzsche and Jung as mentors and highly critical of Marx. His Jungian secular take on the Bible as metaphor rather than history or science (as orthodox religions do) is outstanding. The "alt-right" loved him because he was anti-Marxist and because they were too stupid to understand him - but now that Peterson criticises them, they hate him. The "left" and "radical feminists" hate him because he has revealed that they have not clothes. "Ideologues" who "know everything" hate him because he points out how hard it is to weave between chaos and order in a complex world. I think his book is an important one to read with an open mind.

Hi Odetta,

I definitely recommend you to read this book. It doesn't really matter if you haven't read his previous works, but it might help you understand his views and why he holds them. In my opinion, ''21 Lessons for the 21st Century'' deals with the most pressing problems of time. It does not pretend to give easy and all-encompassing solutions to said problems, instead giving a comprehensive and level-headed look at the problems and what could be done. I did, however, feel that some chapters lacked the sharpness that others had; feeling a bit rushed et cetera. I hope you find the time to read it, let me know what you think of it when you're done!

Cheers!

21 Lessons for the 21st Century is awesome book. Odeta Rose

I'd say that if you've read his previous books ( Sapiens, Homo Deus ), you might not want to read that. In that case, there are so many parts, I think, that will make you think like 'Well, I think I've seen this passage before...'