Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Indieworld News & Opportunities > Top Shelf Magazine Question

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicya (new)

Alicya Perreault | 90 comments Does anyone know anything about Top Shelf?
I keep getting emails from them about advertising but since I'm always getting book promoters contacting me I'm skeptical.
Are they worth looking at or another one for the bin?
Thanks, Alicya

message 2: by Dale (last edited Dec 04, 2018 06:52AM) (new)

Dale Lehman (dalelehman) | 1719 comments Alicya wrote: "Does anyone know anything about Top Shelf?
I keep getting emails from them about advertising but since I'm always getting book promoters contacting me I'm skeptical.
Are they worth looking at or an..."

Don't know the name, but I did some searching. I can't find print circulation figures. They claim 50,000 visitors and a quarter million page views per month. But they don't have enough traffic for an Alexa ranking, so they aren't a huge site.

They have a couple of relatively cheap advertising products, including a $25 "discovery listing" and a $75 "web spotlight. They claim to review every book promoted in the magazine. I'd guess you can probably get some decent exposure for the money with those two packages, although it might not lead to significant sales. It usually takes repeated advertising to get many people to make a purchase.

That's about all I can say about it.

message 3: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4600 comments Mod
I know them- they say that they have a ton of exposure to libraries. I'm not sure of their reach- but the advertising, like Dale said is not expensive.
I use to do reviews for them for a short time.

message 4: by Alicya (new)

Alicya Perreault | 90 comments Thanks Dale. First time I've heard of an "Alexa ranking". Interesting!

message 5: by Alicya (new)

Alicya Perreault | 90 comments Carole wrote: "I know them- they say that they have a ton of exposure to libraries. I'm not sure of their reach- but the advertising, like Dale said is not expensive.
I use to do reviews for them for a short time."

Thanks Carole. If you did reviews at least I know it's legitimate. Will look into it a little further.

message 6: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 1490 comments Mod
I know an author who did one of the cheaper advertisement options with them last year. I did see his book featured on their twitter page quite a bit during the first half of the year, but he did not notice a significant increase in sales. His book was dark fantasy. I don't know if other genres would have a better response?

message 7: by Alicya (new)

Alicya Perreault | 90 comments Erica wrote: "I know an author who did one of the cheaper advertisement options with them last year. I did see his book featured on their twitter page quite a bit during the first half of the year, but he did no..."

Thanks Erica!

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread