unOrdinary discussion

Important Stuff (Check first!) > Mod Applications

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) | 366 comments Mod
Some of you want to be Mods, and that’s cool. Fill out the application below, and the Head Mod (Jon the Shady Author) will review it.

Name:
How are you qualified to be a Mod:
What other groups have you Moderated:
What do you bring to the table:
How long have you been on Goodreads:

message 2: by Phoenix~They/Them, Annoyed Little Puffball (new)

Phoenix~They/Them | 214 comments Mod
Name: Raven
How are you qualified to be a Mod: I have had experience modding and even though I'm not too active I try my best to check in(Honestly I don't care if I don't get the spot, won't kill me)
What other groups have you Moderated: A bunch of groups I don't have time to list
What do you bring to the table: Well I can try organizing or whatever you want me to, like enforcing rules(I'm really good at enforcing rules XD)
How long have you been on Goodreads: About 2 years I think

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Name: Yuki {Real Name Unknown}
How are you qualified to be a Mod: I'm not exactly qualified (At least I think so), because I haven't read the whole comic yet. I've read around 45 episodes and I plan on doing a lot of research on it. I won't be active all the time, because of school and life, but i try to be on when i can :)
What other groups have you Moderated: I've moderated quite a few. {My Hero Academia, Infinite Stratos Next Gen, ect.}
What do you bring to the table: I can help with whatever you want! {Enforcing rules to a certain extent, because I honestly suck at it.}
How long have you been on Goodreads: About 1 year (Almost 2)

message 4: by Lily Marie, stumbling through life (new)

Lily Marie | 14 comments Mod
Name: Lily Marie
How are you qualified to be a Mod: I'm super active and very passionate about Goodreads. I also consider myself to be a generally insightful person and a good problem solver.
What other groups have you Moderated: My Pokemon Academy RP, which hasn't picked up steam yet, Yuki's Northstar Academy group, and countless others on my old account.
What do you bring to the table: Activity and creativity. I am active (except for Saturdays, which are devoted to Debate tournaments) and I find good solutions to tough issues.
How long have you been on Goodreads: Honestly, less than a month. I know that sounds very small, but I had an account previously and was very active back in 2016 or so, but decided a fresh start would be the best thing for me.

message 5: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Well, Lily, I just took a look at your Pokemon group to get an idea of your capabilities, and it looks ship-shape, with a few leaks. Welcome to the team!

message 6: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Just remember, if we get caught You're blind and I don't speak english.

message 7: by Phoenix~They/Them, Annoyed Little Puffball (new)

XD

message 8: by Lily Marie, stumbling through life (new)

Wait, I just saw this! Oh my gosh I'm actually really surprised to be accepted

(where do I go to claim a character's ranking?)

Turtleturtlyness | 208 comments Name: Turtleturtlyness (But will also go by Ava)
How are you qualified to be a Mod: I moderate in several groups. I am not active during school hours, but after and before school I am fairly active.
What other groups have you Moderated: Uncle Rick's Young Authors, Camp Half-Blood, Percy Jackson Roleplay, A secret group of mine, Just Chat and Relax, and Christmas Cafe Brunch.
What do you bring to the table: I am a very organized person, so tend to organize a lot in my free time. I also am very active, so it might be nice to have a active mod. Lastly, I like to think I am a nice person. Not that that would bring much... but thought it would be a good thing to say!
How long have you been on Goodreads: I joined this past August, so not super long. I have been on it a lot since then.
I know I have made mistakes in this group before, and I won't be offended if you turn me down for this position. I just feel like I have now taken the time to do a little research, and might be more prepared. Thank you!

message 10: by Lily Marie, stumbling through life (new)

How much of the comic have you read?

message 11: by Turtleturtlyness (new)

Turtleturtlyness | 208 comments I have read everything that exists right now, and am waiting for the next update. Gosh, why cliffhangers, why?!

message 12: by Lily Marie, stumbling through life (new)

That's awesome! I'm only on chapter 60 :P

message 13: by Turtleturtlyness (new)

Turtleturtlyness | 208 comments Yeah.. It took me a while!

message 14: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Turtle, I'm not gonna mod you just yet, there's a lot going on right now and I need to know the full grasp of the situation before I hand Mod powers to someone.

message 15: by Alex (new)

Alex Arpayan  | 89 comments So I´m not trying to complain but I want to know the timeline of being on here to be able to be a mod. and rules on how to earn your way up

message 16: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Well, having close connections with the owner helps, at least for me, Yuki, Raven, Xander.

But generally, I tend to rely on my experience with someone as well as their application.

message 17: by Phoenix~They/Them, Annoyed Little Puffball (new)

As well as not breaking the rules too...right

message 18: by Alex (new)

Alex Arpayan  | 89 comments Jon the Shady Author- "Just remember if we get caught, you're deaf and I don't speak English." wrote: "Well, having close connections with the owner helps, at least for me, Yuki, Raven, Xander.

But generally, I tend to rely on my experience with someone as well as their application."

okay

message 19: by Turtleturtlyness (new)

Turtleturtlyness | 208 comments I honestly didn’t expect to get the position, so I don’t mind! Just figured there would be no harm in submitting an application. :)
As I said, I have had a few slip-ups anyway, and didn’t have super high expectations.
Thanks anyway!

message 20: by Lily Marie, stumbling through life (new)

Thank you for applying Turtle!

message 21: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) I am unsure if my being a mod is a good idea, but I’ve been a mod in countless groups before. I’ve been on GR for at least seven years. I’ve been slowly duing out of Goodreads, but I have a good idea of judging the balance of a character, the detail, and I know when to call in the head mod to back up a decision or double check a standard. I’m not interested in creating overpowered characters unless they are villains. I find less powerful characters tend to have more actua character and challenges to bring to a story and roleplay. I didn’t intend on initially applying to become a moderator, as I’m often off GR while I substitute teach. If you need an extra hand here and there, I can try to help out. Honestly, I know I’m really experienced, but I honestly don’t care if you turn me down because you’re looking for someone more active. I am caught up on the webtoon.

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 14, 2018 09:33AM) (new)

Name: leon

How are you qualified to be a Mod: i am useful in certain situations

What other groups have you Moderated: percy jackson roleplay and a few others that i cant remember right now

What do you bring to the table: no clue what that means

How long have you been on Goodreads: originally since 7th grade now im in 11th

message 23: by Phoenix~They/Them, Annoyed Little Puffball (new)

It means what will you do for the group

message 24: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Firestar/Leon/Akuma/Kratos/Satan The devil has arose from within me beware for this is real wrote: "Name: leon

How are you qualified to be a Mod: i am useful in certain situations

What other groups have you Moderated: percy jackson roleplay and a few others that i cant remember right now

What ..."

I have absolutely no experience with you, Firestar, so I won't mod you just yet, but in the future, maybe.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

things i can provide is a possibly happy free and bully free zone and if i remember how i can put memes on here that will make you die of laughter