Play Book Tag discussion

All the Light We Cannot See
This topic is about All the Light We Cannot See
November 2018: Literary Fiction > All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

DianeMP | 396 comments Although Anthony Doerr writes beautifully, I do not much like the way he narrates his story. So much so that I cannot bring myself to finish the last part of All the Light We Cannot See. Changing the story narrator after every few pages became tedious as did the lack of plot advancement. Doerr repeatedly becomes bogged down in the details of the story and in my opinion becomes stagnet in his storytelling. Big disappointment.

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7227 comments Oh, so sorry it hit the wrong note for you! I enjoyed it-However this was one of the first books I had read with changing narratives and I was having a hard time with that-Now I am very careful before I pick up a book that has a gazillion voices in my head!

KateNZ | 2211 comments It didn’t work for me either, Diane. I really thought it would, and I loved lots of bits of it (and the writing was beautiful) but as a whole, no

Susie | 4488 comments Sorry you didn’t like it more. It’s such a disappointment when a book doesn’t live up to the hype. I personally loved it but I have noticed that many didn’t.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

So sorry you didn't like it. I loved this book. But as I always say not every book is for everyone. There have been a few everyone loved that I didn't really like.