Mock Printz 2022 discussion

Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful
Mock Printz 2019 > December: Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful by Arwen Elys Dayton

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new) - added it

Jenna Friebel (jenna_friebel) | 86 comments Review journals have been loving this sci-fi book, marketed as a great choice for fans of Black Mirror and Westworld. Does Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful have strong enough qualities for Printz?

Tatiana (tatiana_g) | 54 comments I've only read 2 stories so far and am thoroughly underwhelmed by this book, to be honest. Not seeing any promise for Printz and probably won't finish.

Britt Buckenroth | 10 comments I just finished the audio book. I am a huge sci fi fan and I found the premise very interesting. I am not sure if it's Printz worthy though. Compelling content, but not written well enough for the big prize.

message 4: by Tegan (new) - added it

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) | 31 comments Tatiana, what was lacking for you?

message 5: by Tatiana (last edited Dec 18, 2018 10:17AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tatiana (tatiana_g) | 54 comments Tegan wrote: "Tatiana, what was lacking for you?"

I ended up finishing it, but I thought the execution was super shallow and superficial. There is neither a depth of thought nor world building in this work, and a lot of fixation on romance elements. Maybe in the YA sci-fi pool it stands out for some reason, but as just sc-fi I think it's pretty mediocre. Bacigalupi had some excellent ideas about genetic modifications in his Ship Breaker books that are far superior than Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful .