Women of the World discussion

Book Talk > Suggestions for Group Reads

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirstyonbooks) | 427 comments Mod
Which books would you like to discuss with the group? Please leave as many suggestions in this thread as you wish to.

message 2: by Laura Anne (new)

Laura Anne (loranne) a book by Clarice Lispector??

message 3: by Kirsty (new)

Fantastic idea! Thanks Laura.

message 4: by Kirsty (new)

Thanks for the suggestion Mimi!

message 5: by Kirsty (new)

This thread will be used to determine some of the choices we read collectively from 2020 onwards (yes, I am quite organised...). I’m sure a lot of members would like to discover new authors to read, so I won’t discount anything.

message 6: by Kirsty (last edited Dec 07, 2018 05:58AM) (new)

I think it might be an idea not to put anything too ‘wildly experimental’, as you put it, as a group read. Whilst I do enjoy reading things which are a bit different sometimes, it has put me off in the past.

Perhaps if anyone is interested in reading something really experimental, they could instigate a buddy read with whoever is interested? That way, we won’t be discounting any choices, and will be able to have a discussion about the book or author in question, but it also won’t exclude the majority of people from joining in with the group reads.

message 7: by Geevee (new)

Geevee I'd like to try Red Clocks by Leni Zumas, but the fun of this group will be everyone sharing loads of "new2 authors I've neither heard of nor read.

message 8: by Kirsty (new)

Thanks for the great suggestion, Geevee!

message 9: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 79 comments I was thinking last night about this group and I had an idea for a future project that I thought might be interesting. If it's came up before I apologize as I hadn't noticed it.

It's the around the world challenge but with women authors, for each month I guess until we have traveled the globe.

message 10: by Kirsty (new)

That’s a fantastic idea, Carrie! I took part in the Around the World in 80 Books challenge last year, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I’d definitely love to take part. Would you like me to draw up the discussion thread and create a new board for it, where we can all keep track of our lists?

message 11: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 79 comments I'm glad you like the idea. If you think others would like to participate, please do.

message 12: by Kirsty (new)

I’m sure they would! I’ll set up the board and the threads tomorrow. I’m really looking forward to the new challenge!

message 13: by Kirsty (new)

The board and threads have now been created.

message 14: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 79 comments Thank you for providing resources and setting it all up.

message 15: by Kirsty (new)

No problem at all! I’m looking forward to seeing what you’ll pick up for each country.