Books and Jams Readalong discussion

The Power
This topic is about The Power
The Power - Dec 2018 > Ending and final thoughts

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krista (new) - added it

Krista (booksandjams) | 746 comments Mod
You made it! What were some of your takeaways from this book? What themes stood out to you? What was Alderman trying to say with this story? What will you rate it? I can't wait to hear your final thoughts.

Michala | 7 comments I thought the premise was so interesting but I found it poorly executed. The characters were kind of simple. And the Big finale that I thought the book was counting down to was really disappointing. It was an unsatisfying ending. The letters between Naomi and Neil confused me and I honestly dont know what to take away from this book. I am happy that I read it, but it is a 2.5 stars for me.

Bokcamilla | 8 comments I like when Roxy and Tunde found and help each other. But I don´t like that Roxy looked him up in the bunker, and have him to help her to be a mother, because she want a daughter hwo has the power, because I get the feeling that he not are all in on that.
I agree with Michala that the ending were very disappointing I don´t get it.
I think Alderman will have said that we women if we been the stronger sex the world maybe not hade been so good either, we humans are the same even witch sex we have.
I like the book so I gave it 4 stars, even if I don´t like the end.
(And again sorry for my bad english)

message 4: by Krista (new) - added it

Krista (booksandjams) | 746 comments Mod
FRIENDS - I've decided to DNF this book. I may pick it up sometime down the road, but I just don't think so. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, those who did read it. Sorry it wasn't a great one to end the year on. Here's hoping for much better reads in the new year!

Annie Day Finished The Power today. I was beginning to really dislike all the characters (I think that’s the expected reaction!) so I was relieved to get to the end of the story. The letters at the end are a bit confusing but they seem to suggest that the new power dynamics continued into the future.