Pick-a-Shelf discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Arhive - Old Bookopoly threads > Lambda Literary Award - Book Requests

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CluckingBell (last edited Dec 02, 2018 05:07PM) (new)

CluckingBell | 327 comments Welcome to the Lammys, "the most prestigious and comprehensive literary award[s] offered specifically to authors who write books about the LGBT experience"! Add your book request below with a link to your shelf, and while you're here be sure to add some of these recent Lambda Literary Award winners to your Bookopoly to-read list.

After the Blue Hour by John Rechy Autonomous by Annalee Newitz Black on Both Sides A Racial History of Trans Identity by C. Riley Snorton ¡Cuéntamelo! Oral Histories by LGBT Latino Immigrants by Juliana Delgado Lopera The Fact of a Body A Murder and a Memoir by Alexandria Marzano-Lesnevich The Gift by Barbara Browning Her Body and Other Parties by Carmen Maria Machado His Seed An Arboretum of Erotica by Steve Berman How We Get Free Black Feminism and the Combahee River Collective by Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor Hunger A Memoir of (My) Body by Roxane Gay Huntress by A.E. Radley Like Water by Rebecca Podos Lives of Great Men Living and Loving as an African Gay Man by Chike Frankie Edozien Love and Other Hot Beverages by Laurie Loft My Favorite Thing Is Monsters, Vol. 1 (My Favorite Thing Is Monsters, #1) by Emil Ferris Night Drop (A Pinx Video Mystery, #1) by Marshall Thornton Punishing Disease HIV and the Criminalization of Sickness by Trevor Hoppe Recombinant by Ching-In Chen Rock-Salt-Stone by Rosamond S. King Tailor-Made by Yolanda Wallace Transcendent 2 The Year's Best Transgender Speculative Fiction 2016 by Bogi Takács While Standing in Line for Death by C.A. Conrad

message 2: by PAS, Moderator AC (new)

PAS (Mods) (pasmods) | 582 comments Mod
Congratulations, CluckingBell!

Your silent partner for this enterprise is Lyn. Please PM her if you should be offline for more than 48 hours. Otherwise, she will also monitor and respond to requests if not responded to (sometimes real life can takeover), after 48 hours.

message 3: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1590 comments Hi CluckingBell,
I have landed on your property and would like three picks from my bookopoly shelf thank you.

message 4: by CluckingBell (new)

CluckingBell | 327 comments Coralie wrote: "Hi CluckingBell,
I have landed on your property and would like three picks from my bookopoly shelf thank you."

Good morning, Coralie! And the nominees are:

A Christmas Return
Edgedancer
The Transmigration of Timothy Archer

message 5: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1590 comments CluckingBell wrote: "Coralie wrote: "Hi CluckingBell,
I have landed on your property and would like three picks from my bookopoly shelf thank you."

Good morning, Coralie! And the nominees are:

[book:A Christmas Retur..."

Thanks Clucking Bell. I will check what's available at the library then decide.

message 6: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (boydsmom) | 272 comments Good morning Clucking Bell! I've landed on your space. Can you pick 3 books for me, please?

My shelf

message 7: by CluckingBell (new)

CluckingBell | 327 comments Stacey wrote: "Good morning Clucking Bell! I've landed on your space. Can you pick 3 books for me, please?

My shelf"

Good morning, Stacey! How about:

The Brass Verdict
Deadly Fear
Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Retriever Who Saved Him

message 8: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (boydsmom) | 272 comments CluckingBell wrote: "Stacey wrote: "Good morning Clucking Bell! I've landed on your space. Can you pick 3 books for me, please?

My shelf"

Good morning, Stacey! How about:

The Brass Verdict
Dea..."</i>

Thanks! I have [book:Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Retriever Who Saved Him
from the library so I'll go with that one!

message 9: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) | 2957 comments Hi! Can you please pick 3 books for me from my shelf?

message 10: by CluckingBell (new)

CluckingBell | 327 comments Lusie wrote: "Hi! Can you please pick 3 books for me from my shelf?"

Sure thing! How about:

Half-Emrys: Master of Lies
The Handyman
The Winter of the Witch

message 11: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) | 2957 comments Thank you! Not sure yet which one i'll read

message 12: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1590 comments I CluckingBell. I have returned to your property and would like another three picks from my bookopoly shelf please.

message 13: by CluckingBell (new)

CluckingBell | 327 comments Coralie wrote: "I CluckingBell. I have returned to your property and would like another three picks from my bookopoly shelf please."

Hi again, Coralie! How about:

Sherlock Holmes vs. Dracula
Stripes of the Sidestep Wolf
The Tropic of Serpents

message 14: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 1156 comments Hi CluckingBell!! I have landed on Lambda Literary Award with you - May I have 3 choices please?
LaurLa's Bookopoly Shelf

message 15: by Coralie (last edited Feb 26, 2019 01:16PM) (new)

Coralie | 1590 comments CluckingBell wrote: "Coralie wrote: "I CluckingBell. I have returned to your property and would like another three picks from my bookopoly shelf please."

Hi again, Coralie! How about:

Thank you CluckingBell.
I think I will go with Stripes of the Sidestep Wolf as it has been on my TBR for so long.

message 16: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 1156 comments LaurLa wrote: "Hi CluckingBell!! I have landed on Lambda Literary Award with you - May I have 3 choices please?
LaurLa's Bookopoly Shelf"

Just checking to see if you missed this post?

message 17: by CluckingBell (new)

CluckingBell | 327 comments LaurLa wrote: "LaurLa wrote: "Hi CluckingBell!! I have landed on Lambda Literary Award with you - May I have 3 choices please?

Just checking to see if you missed this post?"

I all kinds of did---so much for my notifications! I'll get right on it.

message 18: by CluckingBell (new)

CluckingBell | 327 comments LaurLa wrote: "Hi CluckingBell!! I have landed on Lambda Literary Award with you - May I have 3 choices please?

I'm really sorry about that, LaurLa. How about:

Baby, I'm Yours
The Curious Case of the Werewolf That Wasn't
When Lightning Strikes

message 19: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 1156 comments CluckingBell wrote: "LaurLa wrote: "Hi CluckingBell!! I have landed on Lambda Literary Award with you - May I have 3 choices please?

I'm really sorry about that, LaurLa. How about:

[book:Bab..."

No worries!!! I'm choosing When Lightning Strikes!

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 140 comments Hi CluckingBell! I've landed on your shelf. May I please have 3 picks from my shelf?

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Thanks!

message 21: by CluckingBell (new)

CluckingBell | 327 comments Michelle wrote: "Hi CluckingBell! I've landed on your shelf. May I please have 3 picks from my shelf?
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
Thanks!"

Absolutely! How about:

Never Change
The Onion Girl
The Whistler

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 140 comments Thank you!!! I've selected The Whistler.

message 23: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 233 comments Hi CluckingBell. I just landed on your property. May I have 3 choices from my shelf please?

message 24: by CluckingBell (new)

CluckingBell | 327 comments Ashley wrote: "Hi CluckingBell. I just landed on your property. May I have 3 choices from my shelf please?"

Absolutely! You have a fun mix on your pick-list. How about:

Fahrenheit 451
Fire
For a Muse of Fire

message 25: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 233 comments CluckingBell wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Hi CluckingBell. I just landed on your property. May I have 3 choices from my shelf please?"

Absolutely! You have a fun mix on your pick-list. How about:

Fahrenheit 451..."

Thanks! I think I'll go with Fire.

message 26: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 1156 comments Hi there! I have landed on Lambda Literary Award with you - May I have 3 choices please?
LaurLa's Bookopoly Shelf

message 27: by CluckingBell (new)

CluckingBell | 327 comments LaurLa wrote: "Hi there! I have landed on Lambda Literary Award with you - May I have 3 choices please?

You need to add more books to your Bookopoly shelf! I mean, you have >5300 on your Want-to-Read shelf. It's not for lack of options. :-)

All the Right Reasons
Silver-Tongued Devil
Wild Man

message 28: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 1156 comments CluckingBell wrote: "LaurLa wrote: "Hi there! I have landed on Lambda Literary Award with you - May I have 3 choices please?

You need to add more books to your Bookopoly shelf! I mean, you ha..."

Yeah, thanks for the reminder. I always fill it up at the beginning of the month. Guess I've read faster than I thought this month.

I'll choose All the Right Reasons.

message 29: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 233 comments Hi CluckingBell. I'm back and I would like 3 more choices from my shelf please.

message 30: by CluckingBell (new)

CluckingBell | 327 comments Ashley wrote: "Hi CluckingBell. I'm back and I would like 3 more choices from my shelf please."

Hello, Ashley, how about:

For Darkness Shows the Stars
Gone
The Night Tiger

message 31: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 233 comments CluckingBell wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Hi CluckingBell. I'm back and I would like 3 more choices from my shelf please."

Hello, Ashley, how about:

For Darkness Shows the Stars
Gone..."

Thanks, CluckingBell. I think I'll go with The Night Tiger.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.