The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > alright I'll do the "get to know each other" thing.......

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John | 2 comments Hi, I'm Jon
(hi jon!)
and I'm Biblophile*. this condition is exacerbated by being employed in a library. I'm currently reading three books, one being a book about books. there are several other books in the waiting stack that I may or may not get to.
I'm new to Goodreads in general so will take some time to check out the interface but look forward to some interesting discussion.

*yes, I know this isn't the exact meaning

message 2: by Susanna (new)

Susanna (jb_slasher) Hey Jon, welcome! :)

message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Now Jon, play nice ... :)

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo Welcome Jon!

message 5: by JSou (new)

JSou Welcome to the group, Jon! I'm so jealous you work in a library! :)

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Chaput (ashchaleyput) | 1 comments Me too!

message 7: by Edith (new)

Edith | 256 comments Hi Jon! What are the other two books that you're currrently reading?

message 8: by John (new)

John | 2 comments Hi all, thanks for the welcome.
Edith- the books are
'Beowulf on the Beach: What to love and what to skip in litatures greatest hits"~this is one to own!

"Infinite Typewriters"~a graphic novel, which is beyond my abiltity to explain, try it for yourself

and "The Pillars Of The Earth" an amazing, though HUGE book which I probabaly should not have started at this point in time!

Ameilia~ sorry no help on shelving from me, my system is to double stack on the shelves and then overflow to the floor when shelves are full!

message 9: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments That system seems to work for alot of us! Or lining all the walls with bookshelves, leaving room for doors and the occasional window. It really turns out quite stunning!

message 10: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Aug 20, 2009 04:28PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) Welcome Jon..I gave up with the bookshelf idea because I found that I have way more books than I have bookshelf room. Which, as far as I am concerned, not a prob at all, however, everyone else seems to think that I read way too much & that I should downsize - books are my best friends. Since joining Goodreads, I find that I would rather spend time with my "friends" here & read than watch mindless tv.

message 11: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Yay! I second that!

message 12: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10089 comments Mod
Hi JOn and AMelia... nice to see you both joining in and getting to know us!

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo Welcome Amelia

message 14: by Jo (new)

Jo I have found myself hardly watching tv since joining goodreads!

message 15: by Jo (new)

Jo Yeah that has happened to me too! Lots of books to read and lots of books i want to buy too

message 16: by Avigail (new)

Avigail (avigailr) Welcome Jon & Amelia enjoy your reading that's themos important part

message 17: by Raelein (new)

Raelein | 6 comments Hi! My name is Freedom, and I am new here. I am currently in the process of reading 3 books: Bob Dylan, Chronicles I; Heaven and the Afterlife; and Crime Beat. I also write - have started 2 books, non-fiction, several short stories, and a lot of poems. I am looking forward to being here, and learning my way around. Also, getting to know y'all.

message 18: by Jo (new)

Jo Welcome Freedom!

message 19: by Raelein (new)

Raelein | 6 comments P/S: I too have the "problem" of having way too many books, and not enough places to put them. The bookshelves are overflowing. I think the floor was originally meant for walking on, if I rememeber right! :) You get the general idea. I currently have no answers, no solution to the "problem."

message 20: by Liz (new)

Liz | 1 comments Hi Everyone! My name is Liz and I'm new to this website. I am a full time mom to 2 precious little boys so I do most of my reading after they go to bed. I just finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife and I loved it! I cried like a baby! I saw the movie last weekend and even though it was a good movie, I dont think it did the book justice. I am currently reading The Third Angel by Alice Hoffman and my husband and I are working through the participant's guide of The Love Dare for our small group at church. I look forward to getting to know ya'll!

message 21: by Avigail (new)

Avigail (avigailr) Welcome Freedom and Liz.

Freedom I think we all have the same problem so many book so little space, so little time to read aswell

message 22: by Jo (new)

Jo Welcome Liz! I am reading The Time Travelers Wife now :) Cant wait to finish it

message 23: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (fallingraindrop) | 6 comments Hi everyone, my name is Shayla and I joined this website a few months ago. I am currently reading "Salem Falls", "The Nanny Diaries", and five or six other books.

message 24: by Avigail (new)

Avigail (avigailr) welcome to the group Shayla. Enjoy your books

message 25: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10089 comments Mod
Welcome the new newbies Freedom, Liz, and Shayla!!!

message 26: by Jo (new)

Jo Welcome Shayla

message 27: by Raelein (new)

Raelein | 6 comments Thanks for the welcome!

message 28: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Hi and a warm welcome to Liz, Shayla and Freedom!!!

message 29: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Welcome to everyone who joined on this thread! You all found a great Group to join!

Jon, I call myself a "bookaholic" and one other more colorful name that might not be appropriate to post here :)
Add me to the list of jealous members that you work in the library!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Jon! That is neat that you get to work around books!

message 31: by Raelein (new)

Raelein | 6 comments Thanks for the welcome, Suzanne! And Diane. I actually have been too busy to read these past few days, and it drives me crazy. Will read today, for sure. (Now watch, I'll have said that, and a million things will come up.

message 32: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (pearlady) | 45 comments Hi Jon! I'm new as well. I used to work in a library as well and it doesn't really help that addiction, eh. I'd write more, but I want to hurry so I can get back to my own current reading list. ;)

message 33: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (JenJen1221) | 215 comments welcome newbies...you'll have soooo much fun here!!!

message 34: by Queen (new)

Queen | 74 comments hi jon and welcome fellow newbie.