Elizabeth Taylor Reading Project discussion

A Game of Hide and Seek > A Game of Hide and Seek STARTING Thoughts/Questions

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen | 211 comments Mod
Happy December All !
Who will be joining me reading 'A Game of Hide and Seek' this month ?
A big thanks to all that have been reading along with me and sharing your thoughts

Elizabeth (Alaska) I finished a couple of days ago!

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen | 211 comments Mod
Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "I finished a couple of days ago!"
Hi Elizabeth, will look forward to reading what you think and thanks for joining in

message 4: by Mela (new)

Mela (melabooks) | 29 comments I have started to read it today. A few pages and I remember why I adore Elizabeth Taylor's novels.

By the way, I want to thank you, Karen. I do not know when I would read them without this group. I find it a really good idea for motivation and I am thinking which writer I will try to read this way next year.

Canadian Reader Karen wrote: "Happy December All !
Who will be joining me reading 'A Game of Hide and Seek' this month ?
A big thanks to all that have been reading along with me and sharing your thoughts"

Karen, I hope to begin next week, Currently doing a re-read of A Wreath of Roses, which I read a few years back.

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen | 211 comments Mod
Mela wrote: "I have started to read it today. A few pages and I remember why I adore Elizabeth Taylor's novels.

By the way, I want to thank you, Karen. I do not know when I would read them without this group. ..."

Thanks dear Mela x

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen | 211 comments Mod
Canadian wrote: "Karen wrote: "Happy December All !
Hi Canadian, that's great to hear, will look forward to reading what you think

Canadian Reader I don’t know a thing about this book going in, other than that it is some sort of love story. However, games and hiding of the psychological variety are big in Taylor’s novels. So I am expecting some of the usual . . . I’m interested in looking at the ways Taylor continued to develop as a novelist. A Wreath of Roses was a dark book, and I am curious about how she followed it. Will there be an unmarried, unwilling-to-commit-but-eager-to-listen-and-sympathize male character? What about an elderly woman, a novelist/artist/creative type, or a self-centred young woman? I’ve come to expect these sorts of characters in Taylor’s novels. Will a new type of figure show up in this one?

message 9: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (bibliohound) I just started this yesterday but it's a very easy read and I'm pretty sure I'll finish by the end of the year! So far I am enjoying the way Taylor builds her characters - after 30 pages I felt I knew them so well, but I am also expecting some surprises ahead.