Books in the Freezer discussion

What Are You Reading This December?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (That's What She Read) (thatswhatshereadvlog) | 71 comments Mod
Happy December! What is everyone planning on reading this month? I've got a few things going I'm excited about inclduing Fright Into Flight, December Park, The Shuddering, and The Ravenous

Have you read any of these?

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill Shumate | 4 comments I just started I’m Thinking of Ending Things by Iain Reid. I have heard so many good things about this book and it looks like it will be a quick read.

message 3: by Haley (new)

Haley (stuck.in.the.stacks) (stuckinthestacks) | 1 comments I loved I'm Thinking of Ending Things.

My Facebook group is reading The Afterlife of Holly Chase and I'd love to fit in Naomi's Room or The Mind of Winter by Laura Kasischke.

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Jill wrote: "I just started I’m Thinking of Ending Things by Iain Reid. I have heard so many good things about this book and it looks like it will be a quick read."

I hope you enjoy it! People definitely have opinions about that one

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Haley wrote: "I loved I'm Thinking of Ending Things.

My Facebook group is reading The Afterlife of Holly Chase and I'd love to fit in Naomi's Room or The Mind of Winter by Laura Kasischke."

I think its a great one! Yes, I definitely think this would be great time to pick up either of those!

message 6: by Mitch (new)

Mitch Meredith (mister_m_reads) | 7 comments I’m planning on finishing Cutter’s The Troop and then I’ll start Naomi’s Room by Jonathan Aycliffe.

message 7: by Regina (new)

Regina | 9 comments I'm currently reading Rosemary's Baby and Head Full of Ghosts. Not sure after that. Maybe some Clive Barker or The Merciless.

message 8: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (onthefritz) (_onthefritz) | 2 comments Planning to pick up NOS4A2, IT, Sadie, and Krampus by Brom 👌

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

There will be my annual re-read of A Christmas Carol, of course, and probably some short story collections. I've already finished Tales from a Talking Board, and Mara by Richard Denney, and am currently reading The Violent Ones by Stephen Donald Huff. After that, we shall see how the month goes.

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Mitch wrote: "I’m planning on finishing Cutter’s The Troop and then I’ll start Naomi’s Room by Jonathan Aycliffe."

The Troop is such gross fun! and Naomi's Room looks scary to me!

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Regina wrote: "I'm currently reading Rosemary's Baby and Head Full of Ghosts. Not sure after that. Maybe some Clive Barker or The Merciless."

Ooh! They all sound like good reads!!

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Kayla wrote: "Planning to pick up NOS4A2, IT, Sadie, and Krampus by Brom 👌"
I really enjoyed Sadie, and NOS4A2 is one of my favorites!

message 14: by Stephanie (last edited Dec 03, 2018 06:37PM) (new)

Willow wrote: "I'm hoping to get to Hark! the Herald Angels Scream: An Anthology, Suffer the Children, Ghost Story, A Long December, [book:The Winter R..."

Hark! The Herald Angels Scream was a fun one! And I'm gonna have to look up that last one! What is it? That whole list looks awesome.

message 15: by Macabre (new)

Macabre Goblin (macabregoblin) | 3 comments Stephanie wrote: "Hark! The Herald Angels Scream was a fun one! And I'm gonna have to look up that last one! What is it? That whole list looks awesome. "

It's a book on some of the darker folklore surrounding the holiday season, including folklore characters like Krampus and the Belsnickel. I've read it a few times and it never fails to get me in the holiday spirit.

message 16: by Gloria (new)

Gloria | 3 comments I'm currently reading Bad Moon Rising by Jonathan Maberry. It is the 3rd book in the Pine Deep trilogy. I'm also planning on reading Fire & Blood by George R. R. Martin. I also just saw that The Shuddering is on Kindle Unlimited so that's also going on the list.

message 17: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (ac4evr) | 1 comments I'm almost done with Ronald Malfi's Bone White, which I found pretty creepy. I just ordered Ghost Summer: Stories by Tananarive Due

message 18: by Daniplx (new)

Daniplx (danipx) | 5 comments I'm currently reading Night Film, and liking it. Next up is the new Hocus Pocus sequel before I have to return it to the library. I hope to get to Hark! The Herald Angels Scream around Christmas itself. Other than those I'm not sure.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey! FYI: Hark! the Herald Angels Scream: An Anthology audiobook is available on Hoopla this month!!!! I know what I’m reading. ;)

message 20: by Donna (new)

Donna TalentedReads | 3 comments I just finished The Valancourt Book of Victorian Christmas Ghost Stories. Great collection of stories for the Christmas holiday. I've also read The Dead House this month, small book that packs a punch! Of course I don't find much scary but it had some good creepy factor moments.

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Welch (rachelreadsss) | 1 comments Just finished Verity by Colleen Hoover (great mind fuck), am almost done listening to Mind of Winter and just started reading Sometimes I Lie

message 22: by Tara (new)

Tara Brown | 5 comments My husband and I just finished the holiday episode recommendation Mind of Winter. We needed something to occupy our 7hr road trip so we listened to this on Audible. This wasn’t my favorite. The buildup was very slow and the main character Holly became quite annoying. My husband thought she was a typical annoying millennial mom with first world problems lol. The twist was even a let down because we both saw it coming. Oh well, it helped us kill time!

message 23: by Dana (new)

Dana (lavylavy) | 3 comments I just finished The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon. Luke warm on it (3 stars). Also finished in December: Fen by Daisy Johnson (2 stars), Naomi's Room by Jonathan Aycliffe (3 stars), and Conjure Wife by Fritz Leiber (4 stars).