Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Group Reads > Nominate January, 2019's Group Read ** VOTING CLOSED**

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (last edited Dec 14, 2018 10:25AM) (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1529 comments Mod
Nominations are now open for January 2019!

Since January is still winter, how about we read a Christmas or winter selection?

No author exemptions this time since it's the beginning of a new year. If you're not sure if your book is eligible for nomination, please leave a comment and one of the moderators will get back to you!

Rules:
1. Any Amish-themed novel is eligible.
2. One nomination per person.
3. If two people nominate the same book, each person's vote counts. So the book will feature twice in the list to give each vote an equal chance.
4. Nominations run until the 14th of the month, with the winner announced on the 15th.
5. The winning book is chosen using Random.org to make it completely fair.
6. Please don't nominate a book we have already read. You can see our list of previous group reads here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... or look at the group read's bookshelf here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books... (it includes the Christian group read as well).
7. Only nominate the first book in a series UNLESS we have already read #1 (see above link). In this case, #2 is then eligible for nomination!

Nominate away!!

#1 -- Secret Sister: An Amish Christmas Tale by Sarah Price -- Natalie
#2 -- Child of Mine by David Lewis -- Carolyn
#3 -- Secret Sister: An Amish Christmas Tale by Sarah Price -- Barbara

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1087 comments I will nominate Secret Sister An Amish Christmas Tale by Sarah Price .

message 3: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn V I will nominate Child of Mine by David Lewis , if that works

message 4: by June (new)

June Belfie | 6 comments Hi friends,
Just wanted to let you all know I have a free ebook on Amazon for the next couple of days. Here's the link. Hope you enjoy the read.
June

https://www.amazon.com/Amish-Secret-C...

message 5: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn V I took advantage of the offer; and glad to see the series is all available. June, did you also post this on the 'amish fiction' group on goodreads here?

message 6: by June (new)

June Belfie | 6 comments Actually, I didn't, but I'm glad you reminded me. Thanks. I still have time.
(Hope you enjoy the story. Fun to write!)

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Any more nominations for January?

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Natalie -- I'm going to second your nomination. I've read it and it was wonderful.

Secret Sister: An Amish Christmas Tale by Sarah Price

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Our random number generator picked #1! Congratulations Natalie -- we'll be reading Secret Sister: An Amish Christmas Tale by Sarah Price in January!!