Library Scavenger Hunt discussion

BOOKS > DECEMBER '18 - A lamp

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frances (new)

Frances (nightjar-nal) | 132 comments Mod
Welcome back for the final LSH of the year! With winter settling in fast, and the days getting shorter and shorter (at least in my part of the world), this month's challenge will be to read a book with a lamp on the cover. 😉 I hope you all find something fun to read!

Happy hunting!

As always:
1) Please feel free to use this thread for discussion, recommendations, and reviews.
2) Please also remember to add your book to the group bookshelf! You can do this on the group's main page by scrolling down to where it says "Bookshelf" at the bottom, and clicking on "Add Books".

message 2: by Frances (last edited Dec 16, 2018 03:47PM) (new)

Frances (nightjar-nal) | 132 comments Mod
My pick for this month was pretty short, so I managed to get it finished fairly quickly: The Transmigration of Bodies by Yuri Herrera, who is also the author of one of my favourite previous LSH picks (Signs Preceding the End of the World), and I'm pleased to say that this book was as interesting and thought-provoking as I had hoped. 😊 My full review can be found on my blog, but I'd definitely recommend this one, if anyone is still searching for something for this challenge!

A few more possibilities:
The Bedlam Stacks by Natasha Pulley The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp by Philip Pullman