Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Google Search Results

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anthony (new)

Anthony (goodreadscomADC) | 1 comments I have a book book that I do not want searchable on google by author name. I understand that it may be possible to adjust my privacy setting through "account settings / settings" to "who can review my profile - just my friends" to prevent my name from being searchable on google. Can you confirm? Also, if this is not the correct procedure for making my name not searchable then is there another way we can do this?

By the say, I have tried making these changes and my book still shows up when I type in the Author (my) name.

Sorry if this is resulting in a duplicate post, but I am not sure if the first post went through.

Thanks

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13157 comments Librarians don't have control over search functionality. You may want to post in the Feedback group, or if you prefer a private request you can contact staff on the Help link at the bottom of the page.
Someone else may know offhand.

message 3: by lethe (last edited Nov 30, 2018 03:34PM) (new)

lethe | 13661 comments The 'who can view my profile' only refers to user profiles, not author profiles. Your book and therefore also your author name will be searchable in Google, that can't be helped. Goodreads is a database that anybody including non-members can access.

ETA And I'm afraid if your full name is on the cover, that is the name it should be listed under, not just your initials.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41982 comments Mod
This is not a Librarians Group issue, but one for the Contact Us link on the Help page. Librarians can help with issues pertaining to specific book records or most related issues, but have no control over general site functionality or author issues outside of fixing book or author listings on Goodreads itself. Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.