Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

The Body in the Marsh (DCI Craig Gillard #1)
This topic is about The Body in the Marsh
Book Club Selection > December 2018 Value Read - The Body in the Marsh, by Nick Louth

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

David Gooch | 3958 comments Mod
The Body in the Marsh, by Nick Louth

When a woman goes missing, it gets personal for DCI Craig Gillard. But he could never imagine what happens next.

Criminologist Martin Knight lives a gilded life and is a thorn in the side of the police. But then his wife Liz goes missing. There is no good explanation and no sign of Martin…

To make things worse, Liz is the ex-girlfriend of DCI Craig Gillard who is drawn into the investigation. Is it just a missing person or something worse? And what relevance do the events around the shocking Girl F case, so taken up by Knight, have to do with the present?

The truth is darker than you could ever have imagined.

Discussion Leader - Beth Stewart

Erunyauve | 168 comments Just downloaded - this should work out perfectly, as the latest Bryant and May should be available just as I finish.

Beth Stewart | 547 comments Erunyauve. Am glad it has worked out for you! I am about half way through. Somehow I stalled but will get it read I hope this week

message 4: by Erunyauve (last edited Dec 06, 2018 02:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erunyauve | 168 comments I'm finding it a good read so far. (I had a laugh at Craig's superior building Stonehenge out of boxes of paperwork. I'm half-tempted to try this with the boxes currently occupying a double-cubicle in our office.)

Erunyauve | 168 comments About 50% through, now. Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

David Gooch | 3958 comments Mod
Just over half way myself and have to say it has been a good read so far.

Erunyauve | 168 comments I think I've got parts of it (so to speak) figured out...

Pauline Wharton | 41 comments Haven't had time to look at it yet, but hoping to get started in a day two, specially as others seem to be enjoying it.

Beth Stewart | 547 comments Yes, Pauline, it is a good read (especially when compared to the last dud that I nominated)

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 558 comments Finished this one and I did like it!

message 11: by Beth (new) - rated it 4 stars

Beth Stewart | 547 comments I am behind. Will get it done!

message 12: by Beth (new) - rated it 4 stars

Beth Stewart | 547 comments Finished! It was a good read although, for me, not in the category of "couldn't put it down". It certain,y wasn't a light read as you had to pay attention to details if you wanted to figure things out!

Pauline Wharton | 41 comments I've started. You get into the plot quickly, but I had some doubts about the way the author deals with Sam at first. Now I'm a bit further into it, I think I understand better. I don't see why Craig's still so involved with Liz, but no doubt I'll find out. It's ok so far.