Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

The Bachelor Challenge Archive > The Bachelor Team Challenge - Challenge Started!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 161 (161 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Dec 05, 2018 02:46PM) (new)

MountainKat | 20394 comments 🌹The Bachelor Team Challenge🌹
🌹Theme - Book Boyfriends🌹

Challenge Dates:
Signups open until Saturday, December 8th at 6 PM EST
Teams Allocated December 8th after signups close
First Date begins Saturday, December 15, 2018
Last Date ends on Friday, February 15, 2019

The Bachelor Team Challenge is an 9 week challenge, the first date will begin on December 15, 2018 and the last date begins February 15, 2019. This challenge is all about finding love - books must be romance to count!

Each week you will go on a themed 'date' with your books. You and your teammates can earn roses in several ways, explained below, and at the end of the challenge the team with the most roses wins!

The teams will consist of roughly 6 members. You will be reading a minimum of one book per week to complete the task for your date, there is no passing or alternate tasks. Team members may read multiple books for each date and potentially earn bonus roses. Dates will last one week, beginning on Saturday evenings and ending at Midnight on Friday. There will be one two week date during the challenge for 'Visiting the Family'. Roses will be awarded at the end of the date and the team with the most roses at the end of the challenge will be our winner!

The dates will begin on Saturdays at 6 PM EST, at that time the task for each date will be announced. Books must be completed and posted by the following Friday at Midnight EST, except when 'Visiting the Family' when you will have until the second Friday. Roses will be awarded before the next date begins. Each date we will be working towards spelling out B-A-C-H-E-L-O-R. The potential tasks for each letter will be posted in advance, but you will not know which task will be used until the date begins.

Roses are earned by:
🌹 The first rose per team is earned for reading 4 books fitting the task during the date.
Bonus roses may be earned by:
🌹 The team that finishes 4 books and posts in the Q&A/Announcement thread first wins a bonus rose. Note, posting is required to earn this rose.
🌹 Teams with each member completing the task (with a minimum of 6 books read) earn an additional rose.
🌹 Teams finishing 8+ books during the date win an additional rose.

Teams will not be eliminated even if they earn no roses, they will have a chance to catch up by earning additional roses on other dates. Players will be eliminated if they do not complete the task on two consecutive dates. Eliminated players will not be replaced. Remember, players are allowed to read multiple books for a given date in order to earn bonuses and/or to make up for teammates who do not read their book or who have been eliminated.

Books must be 90 pages and MPG (Main Page Genre) Romance. Contemporary Romance, Historical Romance, Paranormal Romance or similar is acceptable, but it must be romance. Audiobooks and rereads are ok. Books can only be read once per person during the challenge even if it fits multiple categories. The same book can be read by teammates though. Once the task for the date is announced, you may not tag a book so that it fits or edit any lists - this must be done before the date begins.

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Nov 29, 2018 10:18PM) (new)

Date Tasks:

At the beginning of each date, one of the tasks for that week's letter will be randomly selected. The letters will be used in order. You will need to read a book that meets the task requirements, as well as the other requirements listed above, to complete the task.

B is for Bargain - Read a book you received free, borrowed, or was under $3 USD or the equivalent.
B is for Brave - Read a book tagged with words that indicate a survivor, hero, military, law enforcement or firefighter.
B is for Bank - Read a book with a wealthy character, in précis or tagged to describe.
B is for Book - Read any romance book.

A is for Alpha - Read a book tagged as alpha or described in précis.
A is for Alphabet - Read a book with 10 or more different letters in the title.
A is for Another - Read a book in a series longer than a trilogy (at least 4 books).
A is for Animal - Read a book with an animal on cover, about shifters or tagged with animal or pet.

C is for Color - Read a book with at least 4 colors on cover.
C is for Classroom - Read a book with a student, teacher or school. Can be tagged or in précis.
C is for Current - Read a book published in 2018.
C is for Cold - Read a book set in winter.

H is for Holiday - Read a holiday book, can be in title, précis, or tagged.
H is for Humor - Read a funny book, tagged to describe that.
H is for Haunting - Read a book labeled as PNR.
H is for Hug - Read a book with a hug on the cover.

E is for Encouraged - Read a book recommended to you in a challenge, by a friend, or a GR recommendation.
E is for Exciting - Read a book a book tagged as romantic suspense, suspense or mystery.
E is for Enjoyed - Read a book with an average rating of 4.0 or higher.
E is for Edition - Read a book with at least 5 editions listed on GR.

L is for Laird - Read a historical romance, a book set in Scotland, or a book tagged with royalty, nobility or laird.
L is for Lawn - Read a book with an outdoor scene on the cover.
L is for Labor - Read a book with a blue collar worker, either included in the précis or tagged with blue collar.
L is for League - Read a sports romance, evident in either the précis or tagged.

O is for October - Read a book that has any edition published in October.
O is for Ocean - Read a book with water on the cover.
O is for Office - Read a book where a MC works in office or an office place romance, evident in précis or tagged as such.
O is for One - Read a stand alone book, one not in a series.

R is for Red - Read a book with a mostly red cover, more than 50%.
R is for Radio/Recite - Read a book with a MC who is an actor, singer or performer.
R is for Ranch - Read a book tagged as western or cowboy.
R is for Remedy - Read a book tagged with doctor, medical, illness or injury.

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Nov 29, 2018 10:18PM) (new)

Information required when posting your completion/s:

Date Task
Book/cover link
Page numbers
How book qualified, with links or cover as necessary.
Dated Completed with Rating.
If this is your second (or more) book for the task, also include that information.

Please include only this information. A small review may be included if desired, but is not required. No other discussion allowed though.

Although you will not need to make selection posts like in the PtP, your teammates might like ideas for what to read so sharing what you're reading could be very helpful. If you have any question if your book qualifies, it would be better to find out before you read it - ask your teammates or in the Q&A/Announcement thread.

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

message 7: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Nov 29, 2018 10:19PM) (new)

If you are interested in being a team captain, please let me know when you sign up!

The responsibilities are simple - basically helping to keep track of completions: when 4 books have been read, how many members completed a task and how many books were read for a task.

Once teams are allocated, you will need to check in and introduce yourself to your team. Your first task will be to come up with a team name that fits with the theme of Book Boyfriends.

message 8: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20394 comments Please ask questions in the Q&A thread!

message 9: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7165 comments Looks like fun! I'm in, and I can be captain. 🙂

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments I'm in! This looks like fun! I can be captain as well :)

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (sapphireddragon) | 578 comments I am in! Though I would rather not be a captain

message 12: by Louise (new)

Louise | 711 comments This does look like fun. I can be captain if needed

message 13: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2168 comments I am in! Sounds fun and if there aren’t enough captains then i don’t mind doing it.

message 14: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19877 comments I'm in Kat and I can be Captain, but just as happy to be part of the crew :)

message 16: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments This sounds fun! I’m in!

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 145 comments I'd like to take part as well, but I might need a little explaining from time to time because I have never taken part in such a challenge.

message 18: by Sunshine (new)

Sunshine (sunshine22222) | 921 comments Very interesting

Count me in

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1080 comments Sounds like fun....sign me up please

message 20: by Trio (new)

Trio | 1854 comments Sounds fun, I'm in

message 21: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 3362 comments I'll join! I can captain if needed.

message 22: by Amanda A (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 766 comments I'm in!

message 23: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 1210 comments Oh fun! I will captain if needed but it's not my first choice!

message 24: by Sexyladi (new)

Sexyladi Barnes | 1825 comments I'm in souds like fun!

message 25: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2077 comments I'm in! I can captain if necessary.

message 26: by Sexyladi (new)

Sexyladi Barnes | 1825 comments I'm in sounds like fun!

message 27: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2446 comments i'm in! =)

message 28: by Chan (new)

Chan | 3533 comments Great game MKat! Count me in!

message 29: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 59 comments I'm in! Love this! I'm a Bachelor fanatic! Haha.

message 30: by Calila (new)

Calila | 2744 comments Okay I can't resist. I'm in. I can captain if needed, but only if needed.

message 31: by Becky (new)

Becky (fibrobabe) | 1399 comments I'm in!

message 32: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11055 comments I’m in!

message 33: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 3585 comments What a cute idea. I'm in!

message 34: by Grace (new)

Grace | 1311 comments I'm in.

message 35: by Sexyladi (new)

Sexyladi Barnes | 1825 comments This is a new challenge for me, I may need a little help or instructions.

message 36: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (mooselover) | 2121 comments Ill try this.

message 37: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20394 comments Sexyladi wrote: "This is a new challenge for me, I may need a little help or instructions."

This is new for everyone! Everyone is a beginner - even me! But we will figure it all out. 😊

message 38: by Filipa (new)

Filipa | 334 comments I'm in.

message 39: by Chiara (new)

Chiara | 670 comments This looks like a great challenge! Count me in :)

message 40: by Laura..devouring books like crumpets (last edited Dec 01, 2018 10:33AM) (new)

Laura..devouring books like crumpets (lauzacookie) | 1023 comments Wow another fab challenge, im in!!!

message 41: by Jeena (new)

Jeena (jdaya44) | 31 comments I’m in! Would rather not be a captain

message 42: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (pokey36) | 1628 comments I'm in!!

message 43: by Emeli (new)

Emeli Webb | 292 comments I want to play No to captain

message 44: by CB (new)

CB (cb33) | 1101 comments Please include me as well, this sounds like fun!

message 45: by Eugenia (new)

Eugenia (eugereviews) | 866 comments I’m in!

message 46: by Anja (new)

Anja Vuković | 59 comments I'm in

message 47: by Pam from Ohio (new)

Pam from Ohio | 108 comments I'm in

message 48: by Heather (new)

Heather | 410 comments I'm in!

message 49: by XiangYu (new)

XiangYu | 33 comments I'm in!

« previous 1 3 4