Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

main character considered 'not good enough'

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by P (new)

P R | 8 comments Hey everyone, I've had a sudden craving for a book/series where the main female character is not considered good enough or worthy of being in a relationship with her significant other (or person she's in love with but yet in a relationship with yet) ! He may not feel this way but other do. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm mainly looking for PNR/UF but NOT reverse harem/polyamory.

Thanks in advance!

message 2: by T.M. (new)

T.M. Hart | 20 comments Maybe "The Darkest Whisper" from the Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter. It's book #4 in the series, but I think you could probably read it on its own.

message 3: by P (new)

P R | 8 comments T.M. wrote: "Maybe "The Darkest Whisper" from the Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter. It's book #4 in the series, but I think you could probably read it on its own."

Thank you! I'll look into this!

message 4: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Nov 30, 2018 12:30PM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 58 comments Priyanka wrote: "Hey everyone, I've had a sudden craving for a book/series where the main female character is not considered good enough or worthy of being in a relationship with her significant other (or person sh..."

I can think of 3 really great paranormal-romance books with this theme:

Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4; Poconos Pack, #0.4) by Dana Marie Bell Steel Beauty by Dana Marie Bell

Trinity (de La Vega Cats #1) by Lauren Dane Trinity by Lauren Dane (this is a menage with a witch heroine who has 2 shifter fated mates, but it's not a reverse harem)

Vampire Mine (Alpha and Omega, #3) by Aline Hunter Vampire Mine by Aline Hunter

Actually, the 2nd book, Enemy Mine from the same series also applies. Vampire Mine is the 3rd book and it fits the best. Each book is about a different couple so I don't see any reason why you couldn't read them out of order, but others may not agree.

Enemy Mine (Alpha and Omega, #2) by Aline Hunter Enemy Mine by Aline Hunter

message 5: by P (new)

P R | 8 comments Amy*skye.rhyme wrote: "Priyanka wrote: "Hey everyone, I've had a sudden craving for a book/series where the main female character is not considered good enough or worthy of being in a relationship with her significant ot..."

thanks! i'll at them

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
You really need to read The Wallflower before you read Amy*skye.rhyme's suggest of Steel Beauty. Wallflower is the first book in the Halle Puma's series, and Steel Beauty is book 4. Actually I think that a couple of the books in this series might work. And the follow up series, Halle Shifters has the same theme in a couple of their stories.

message 7: by P (new)

P R | 8 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "You really need to read The Wallflower before you read Amy*skye.rhyme's suggest of Steel Beauty. Wallflower is the first book in the Halle Puma's series, and Steel Bea..."

oh okay! i'll do that, thank you!