What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Leave Myself Behind
This topic is about Leave Myself Behind
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Young man moves into a new house with his mother. Uncovers secrets about the house through hidden documents. Meets and has relationship with another boy. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dyl (last edited Dec 28, 2018 11:48AM) (new)

Dyl (dalaff) | 2 comments **Book has been identified as Leave Myself Behind by Bart Yates**
The book I'm thinking of was probably a YA fiction novel. I first read it at least 12 years ago and I don't think it was a new book then. The title was short and I believe the cover art was mostly grey and a photograph.
From what I remember, the book begins when a high school aged boy moves into a new house with just his mother. I think the mother may have had some mental health issue. The boy meets another guy and they become friends and then have a relationship. I think towards the beginning of the story the main character starts out very close minded. I also think I remember that the boy uncovers secrets about the house by finding old documents hidden away (perhaps in the walls?).
I also sort of remember the main character getting in a fight with either some other student or a man his mother was seeing out in the yard of the house.
Sorry this is so vague but I really appreciate any help. Thank you!!!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Dyl, how old is the main boy? How is he closed minded at the start and for what reason?

Who/where is the main boy's father? What are his parent's jobs/skills?

What's in the photograph on the cover and is it framed?

Laura | 21 comments Dyl wrote: "The book I'm thinking of was probably a YA fiction novel. I first read it at least 12 years ago and I don't think it was a new book then. The title was short and I believe the cover art was mostly ..."

I think you are talking about Leave Myself Behind by Bart Yates. a wonderful book!

message 4: by Dyl (new)

Dyl (dalaff) | 2 comments Laura wrote: "Dyl wrote: "The book I'm thinking of was probably a YA fiction novel. I first read it at least 12 years ago and I don't think it was a new book then. The title was short and I believe the cover art..." . That's it!! Thank you!!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Dyl. Here's the link for Laura's find - Leave Myself Behind by Bart Yates.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Leave Myself Behind (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Bart Yates (other topics)