twilight lovers! discussion

New Moon Movie > MTV: What is Missing From the Newly Released New Moon Trailer?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (last edited Aug 19, 2009 09:54AM) (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
~The Cliff Dive — Kristen Stewart told us long ago that Bella’s pivotal cinematic near-suicide will be CGI, and we’ve got to admit: We’re still a bit concerned. Fan-made videos like this one give us an idea of some things to expect from what could be the most powerful moment in “New Moon,” but so far, nothing official. Come on, Chris Weitz — cough it up!

~Fight Scenes — Although Catherine Hardwicke’s “Twilight” won the hearts of millions of women, it won’t be stealing men away from sports and “Star Trek” sequels anytime soon. Now, with male directors in place for the next two films — and increasingly darker, more action-oriented plotlines to come — it’s time to start convincing the dudes that seeing “New Moon” will do more than put you in your lady’s good graces. But what have we glimpsed so far? Shirtless Jacob, shirt-open Edward, shirtless wolf pack. “Fight Club” gave the same number of abs, but also brought along just as many punches to the face — so bring back the honey and chicken, already!

~The Vanishing Volturi — As any good Twilighter knows, the Volturi feature prominently not only in “New Moon,” but also in the overall arc of the “Twilight” saga. So, why have they become the J.D. Salinger of the film series? We want full-on, official shots of Aro, Caius, Marcus and the rest. No more slowing down video clips to see if that’s Michael Sheen in the background — it’s time to bring out the big guns.

~Quil Be Seeing You — Everybody’s got their own favorite quasi-obscure “Twilight” character, and mine is Jacob’s “wingman” Quil Ateara. We know he’s played by Tyson Houseman in the film, but we haven’t seen so much as a publicity shot yet. Sure, some might laugh — but I’ll be wearing a “Team Quil” shirt when I see the film on opening night. Which reminds me of a second complaint: Why has no one invented “Team Quil” T-shirts yet?

~It Ain’t Easy Being Human— They’re the nicest people in the world and the backbone of the “Twilight” film series: Mike Welch, Christian Serratos, Justin Chon, Anna Kendrick, Billy Burke and others. But although these fan favorites are among the most visible at “Twilight” conventions and other events, we haven’t seen so much as a glimpse of them in the “New Moon” trailers. It’s bad enough that these guys don’t get to pretend they have superhuman powers, the ability to live forever or even a clue as to all the craziness going on in Forks. “Twilight” is nothing without the humanity that Stephenie Meyer injected into it — here’s hoping that Weitz remembers that element as he’s working all those long hours and late nights in the “New Moon” editing bay.

message 2: by Sharon (last edited Aug 19, 2009 10:02AM) (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 737 comments Mod
yeah I saw that
who cares about the Bella,humans..Jacob is what is important lol

message 3: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

I have to agree with you on that one...

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Stephanie wrote: "I have to agree with you on that one..."

Stephanie you are a Jacob fan?

I didn't know that

message 5: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Oh yes I have been a Jacob fan since he first came on the scene in Twilight. I read the first three books way back when they first came out...before all the hype!!

message 6: by Sharon (new)

Stephanie wrote: "Oh yes I have been a Jacob fan since he first came on the scene in Twilight. I read the first three books way back when they first came out...before all the hype!!"

I just thought he was good ole Jacob in Twilight but in New Moon was when it all went to pot!!!

Mind you Edward wasn't even on my radar lol

message 7: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Sharon wrote: "Mind you Edward wasn't even on my radar lol "

Haha, same here Sharon.

message 8: by Chrisoula (new)

Chrisoula | 1 comments Hi there, my nieces are major Edward fans but I always liked Jacob...he's quite sincere. Edward is attractive because of his mysterious ways but I'm still a Jacob fan. :-)

message 9: by Mellady77 (new)

Mellady77 Stibich | 1149 comments I like that there are things missing from the trailers. Because guess what? I want to see this movie on the big screen at the theaters on opening nights. I really don't want them to show too much.

message 10: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Mellady77 wrote: "I like that there are things missing from the trailers. Because guess what? I want to see this movie on the big screen at the theaters on opening nights. I really don't want them to show too much. "

I completely agree....

message 11: by Mellady77 (new)

Mellady77 Stibich | 1149 comments Stephanie wrote: "Mellady77 wrote: "I like that there are things missing from the trailers. Because guess what? I want to see this movie on the big screen at the theaters on opening nights. I really don't want them ..."

Yeah for the moms!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Mellady77 wrote: "I really don't want them to show too much. "

I know what you mean. There are actually some trailers that feature the end of the film! For example, "Just Like Heaven" with Reese Witherspoon and Marc Ruffalo. At the end of the trailers it showed the two of them kissing, physically touching, and it was supposed to be a film about a ghost! I already knew she was going to be human again. Ugh.

message 13: by Mellady77 (new)

Mellady77 Stibich | 1149 comments Melzz wrote: "Mellady77 wrote: "I really don't want them to show too much. "
I know what you mean. There are actually some trailers that feature the end of the film! For example, "Just Like Heaven" with Reese W..."

Yeah! I hate that. They did it with Hancock too. I would rather have been suprised when Charlise Theron threw Will Smith through the house!

message 14: by Sharon (new)

Mellady77 wrote: "Melzz wrote: "Mellady77 wrote: "I really don't want them to show too much. "
I know what you mean. There are actually some trailers that feature the end of the film! For example, "Just Like Heaven"..."

Really? I do not even remember this lol

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol, it's been a while.