Harry Potter discussion

James Potter > curse of gatekeeper: revalvier or jkr???

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments to anyone who has read James Poter and the curse of gatekeeper: are u agree with me that Pr.Revalvier is actually OUR jkr???
please comment....

message 2: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Aug 19, 2009 06:52AM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) There is a resemblence between Professor Revalvier and Ms Rowling. Only the author can tell us for sure, but it sure looked like it to me. They had the same initials and Prof Revalvier was a literature professor and author of wizard stories for muggles.

message 3: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments and if u look at revalvier's pic in the book,u can see some similarities between she and jkr.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) The artwork done in the JP books is done by the author. So if he wrote Revalvier after JKR, he surely could have drawn the character that way as well. I know when I read it, I figured he'd modeled the character after her.

message 5: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments i agree

message 6: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments i wonder how does jkr feels about this pro.revalvier???

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Her agents are aware of the books but she hasn't read them. She never reads any HP fanfiction. Period. Doesn't want it to influence her own works. So I don't know if anyone who has read it would have told her or not. I'd hope she'd feel flattered. :)

message 8: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments well, i undrestand her.if i was jkr and had created greats stories like Harry Potter seies,then i didn't like to read fan-fic books about MY stories...because..looking at the world that i,my self had created it and now someone else is changing it...well,it would make me sad...
but not that i don't like g.n.l's stories...i'm just truying to describe jkr's feelings...

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) If you think about it from a creative point of view.... she doesn't want anyone to give her ideas that might end up in something else she'll write in that world. Odds are they won't come up with what she's thinking of already, but you never know. She doesn't want anything else to influence her, either way (wether she likes it or not). So I can see her point in not reading it.

message 10: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments but i'm very very curios.what does she think about revalvier and their similarities?if i was her...well,then i liked it.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I'd like to think she'd be flattered.

message 12: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments ok..i just had review on the comments of this topic.it's more like a 1 to 1 conversation than a public topic.c'mon everyone!add your comments!!!

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) True. I don't know how many here have read the books yet. I know several have started.

message 14: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments we must tell anyone who has read the books and ask them to join us and add their comments.

message 15: by ★Maeden★ (new)

★Maeden★ (her_randomness) | 6 comments I read it!

message 16: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments ok then what do u think about pro.Revalvier and her similarities with JKR?do u think mr.Lippert has created Revalvier as a copy of JKR?

message 17: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments oooooooooo...c'mon everyone!Brian and i have nothing more to say!just add your comments it's not that hard!

message 18: by ★Maeden★ (new)

★Maeden★ (her_randomness) | 6 comments I think so...
I find her lesson about storytelling interesting.
I also liked the technomancy lesson.

message 19: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments me 2!oh,i wish i was 1 of Hogwarts's students...

message 20: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments me 2!oh,i wish i was 1 of Hogwarts's students...

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) If you like Technomancy, check out the author's official website. He has a small Technomancy school book for you to download and read.

http://www.jamespotterseries.com/

message 22: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments thanx Brian!i'll do it 4 sure!!

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) How about we list the different ways that Professor Revalier reminds us of JKR. Feel free to add to the list as I'm just getting us started.

- same initials
- teaches literature

message 24: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments great idea!maybe this makes the other members to add their own comments!

message 25: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments almost same feature
she's written about Harry and all that happened to him when he was a student.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Come folks, add to the list... :)

message 27: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Ok I just got to the first class James has with her and this is what Rose says about her. "You know, she even wrote a few novels herself, a couple of decades ago, although they were mostly marketed to Muggles under a made-up name...I think the problem was that it was, if anything, rather too much of a success. The Ministry ended up getting involved and there was quite a hoo-ha. Apparently, publishing true accounts of the wizarding world as fiction in the Muggle world is a violation of the Law of Secrecy, although the Wizengamot never convicted her of anything. She was stripped of most of her royalties, which explains why she ended up here, teaching."