Our Shared Shelf discussion
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Chat and Meet for "Country Here" > Meeting up SAFELY - Please Read
Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new) post a comment »
date newest »
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
If you are planning to meet up with other members in person, please have a read through our safety guide below – it’s very important to stay safe.
1) Always tell a family member or friend where you are going.
2) Consider taking a friend along to the first meeting.
3) Be sure to meet in a public place where lots of people are present.
4) Only meet with people you have spoken to ahead of time.
5) For safety in numbers, it may be best to only meet up if at least 4 people are definitely attending.
6) Never give your personal contact to people you don't know.
7) If somebody whom you have had no contact with turns up to your meeting, you should consider not letting them join in.
Disclaimer: Meet ups are not sanctioned by OSS or Emma Watson and they cannot be held responsible for any unsanctioned events.
If at any time, during a meet-up, you feel threatened, we encourage you to promptly contact appropriate law enforcement authorities.