Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

The Writing Process > Publishing on IngramSpark Is Easy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1432 comments Good article on moving from CS to IngramSpark:

https://www.indiesunlimited.com/2018/...

"It’s $49 to upload a file to IngramSpark, but they have frequent specials during which it’s free."

Ouch!

message 2: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments Whoa. That isn’t for me at the moment.

message 3: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1432 comments D.J. wrote: "Whoa. That isn’t for me at the moment."

Nor I...would have to purchase ISBNs for many of my books, for starters, and frankly, given the few sales of paperbacks these days, the game's not worth the candle.

message 4: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 1496 comments Mod
Just dropping this mention here. We have Lisa Orban from Indies United on our Facebook page today sharing and answering questions. I know it isn't for everyone, but this is an interesting alternative for people who ARE interested in trying IS and can't afford an ISBN. For $25, you get an Indies United ISBN, free marketing, and you keep all rights to your book. You can also opt out at anytime. If you do leave Indies United, you can't use their ISBN anymore. That plus using free IS specials means you can publish through IS for just $25. Like I said, not for everyone, but this is an interesting option for people who do want to publish through IS. If you are interested in learning more for current or possible future books, here is the link for her feature today: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1760303... and here is their website: www.indiesunited.net

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita Dickason (anitadickason) | 217 comments Another suggestion. Join the Independent Book Publishing Association. Membership is $125 dollars, but they provide an impressive list of benefits, which includes free title set up fees and revisions on Ingram. If for some reason, you need to update a cover or the interior content, IS also charges $25 for each.

message 6: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 1496 comments Mod
Alex, I know you probably are not in a position to do this, but look into Indies United for future possibilities. Especially since Amazon isn't an option for you. You can jump on the Facebook group page today if you have any questions for them.

Another good suggestion, Anita!

message 8: by Dale (new)

Dale Lehman (dalelehman) | 1764 comments Theodore wrote: "Good article on moving from CS to IngramSpark:

https://www.indiesunlimited.com/2018/...

"It’s $49 to upload a file to IngramSpark, but they have fr..."

I saw that article, which was timely for me since we're shutting down our publishing company and I need a new alternative for my books. $49 doesn't sound bad to me, but I've been doing print runs of 200 or so books, which costs a lot more than that. Plus, if the books get listed at some major distributors as a result (which I think they do) without me having to do the work, that's a big plus.

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread