Sword & Sorcery: "An earthier sort of fantasy" discussion

Darrell Schweitzer
This topic is about Darrell Schweitzer
General Discussions > Interview with weird fiction legend Darrell Schweitzer

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.E., Gray Mouser (Emeritus) (new)

S.E. Lindberg (selindberg) | 2342 comments Mod
On Black Gate and the SELindberg blog, we interview Darrell Schweitzer (a.k.a. “Brother Darrell” in the Esoteric Order of Dagon) is an American writer, editor, and essayist in the field of speculative fiction. Much of his focus has been on dark fantasy and horror, although he does also work in science fiction and fantasy. Schweitzer is also a prolific writer of literary criticism and editor of collections of essays on various writers within his preferred genres.

Together with his editorial colleagues Schweitzer won the 1992 World Fantasy Award special award in the professional category for Weird Tales. His poem Remembering the Future won the 2006 Asimov's Science Fiction's Readers' Award for best poem.

His novels include The White Isle, The Shattered Goddess, The Mask of the Sorcerer, We Are All Legends, and The Dragon House. He has also been known to lead the choir at Cthulhu Prayer Breakfasts, where his The Innsmouth Tabernacle Choir is used.

Check out his cartoon drawing of Wilbur Whateley, learn about his Conan the Deliverer novel (not the "midwife" type he clarifies), and what inspires his weird fiction!

On Black Gate (thanks to John O'Neill):
https://www.blackgate.com/2018/09/03/...

message 2: by S.E., Gray Mouser (Emeritus) (new)

S.E. Lindberg (selindberg) | 2342 comments Mod
Jack wrote: "Great interview, S.E. I've read We Are All Legends, and I'm interested in diving into the rest of his works."

Thanks Jack. He regularly writes really good, weird fiction in anthologies. For novels, I recommend The Mask of the Sorcerer.... it has less action than "We are Legends" but was inspired by his "Conan the Deliverer."