Lizziefaye's Comfy Corner discussion

A Cherry Cola Christmas (A Cherry Cola Book Club #4)
This topic is about A Cherry Cola Christmas
Cherry Cola Book Club Read-along > Book 4 - A Cherry Cola Christmas - Discussion Thread

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments This will be our discussion thread for A Cherry Cola Christmas which is book 4 in the series. We are scheduled to read this in December.

message 2: by Jan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jan | 3 comments The Kindle version is on sale right now for $3.99 so I might buy it. My library only has three in the series (#s 1, 5, & 6 - no idea why they skipped the ones in the middle) and unless I find the others on sale I'll have to sit out those discussions.

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Well that is frustrating, but at least they have some of them. Have you tried interlibrary loan?

message 4: by Jan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jan | 3 comments Sorry to be so late in responding. Yes, where we used to live I used interlibrary loan quite a bit, but this system charges up to $10 for the service. So I find it cheaper to buy used if our county library system doesn't have a book. And I did buy the Christmas Cherry Cola book in Kindle when it was on sale so I hope to start it soon.

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments I worked my way through this book gradually all throughout the month. I thought it was okay, but I didn't love it. There were just a few things that pulled me out of the story. The main thing that made me cringe were the references to Maura Beth and Jeremy's sex life. They were just married in the previous book, so I think the things that were mentioned would go without saying. It wasn't graphic, but just unnecessary.

The one page that I tabbed that bothered me the most was on page 25 when Maura Beth and Periwinkle were having a chat and Maura Beth tells Peri that she wants to be in her wedding, if and when it happens. WHAT!?! I don't care how good of friends you are. Never, ever, ever tell someone that you want to be in their wedding. You wait to be asked. Oh my goodness!!!! I just couldn't believe that would actually happen. LOL! I get a little crazy when it comes to wedding etiquette!

The last thing that soured the book for me was the letter from Pamela at the end where she talked about her belief about God. Of course everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions, but her letter that was meant to be inspirational ended up making me sad because I believe that what was stated is completely contrary to what the Bible says about God.

The interesting twist in this book was the attempted suicide of Councilman Sparks. I was a bit surprised that he showed weakness. It seemed out of character for him. But at least his wife came through and grew a backbone and got him back on track. Of course it was covered up because it would have been out of character for him to let his constituents know the details.